I'm not quite old enough at Daily Kos to have my own plank, as they say in the Navy, but I've been around for a while. How long have I been here? I've been here so long that I remember when...
You may remember that I gave a shout-out to Sara R and the rest of the Community Quilters the other night in my interview with Susan Gardner. I meant what I said: this project is creative, and faithful in its own way.
It's also helping to raise campaign funds for Jerry Brown. Follow me below the fold for all the gory details.
It's true, at least according to Michael Savage:
The takeaway: "The white Christian heterosexual married male is the epitome of everything right with America".
Last night, I posted a diary called "Whoever Killed George Tiller Was Not A Christian" which apparently cheesed off more than a few people.
Let me tell you one thing: whoever it was that shot George Tiller as he entered church this morning was no Christian. (That person has been identified as Scott Roeder, a member of Operation Rescue, by at least one local news outlet.)
After almost two years of watching, waiting, and hoping, it became official this morning. Mrs Pastor and I are now the proud adoptive parents of two children.
our online community is constantly changing. User ID's come and go. Babies are born. Children grow up. People commit themselves to one another. Loved ones and friends among us come to the end of their lives. Individuals move into our community. Others leave us, moving away to new places, new experiences, and new opportunities.
It is important and right that we recognize these times of passage, of endings and beginnings. Today we share the time of farewell with friends who are cutting back on their responsibilities.
Let us pray,* sisters and brothers, that as we enter the holy night of Christmas, the light of God's peace may overcome the darkness that surrounds us.
Tonight, at last, the O Antiphons:
Tonight, a Franciscan Christmas Blessing for Justice and Peace:
An Advent litany:
Recommended by pastordan
- There's been a lot of talk today about the Trigger. First it's Mike Lux over at OpenLeft hearing that the White House is pushing progressive groups behind closed ...124 comments 441 Recs
- I know that many people get excited over the news that comes out every day – whether it is the Georgia run off, the MN recount, Obama’s appointments, what Bush or Rove or some other ...550 comments 886 Recs
- A little more than a year ago, I was hanging out at Democracy Fest in New Hampshire, where I was speaking. I was chatting with the publishers ...32 comments 37 Recs
- 98 comments 63 Recs
- Yesterday, John McCain renounced his political endorsement from Pastor John Hagee, and yesterday I was on the phone with what seemed at the time to be dozens of reporters, journalists, and network ...53 comments 58 Recs
- So, I'm new to this blogging, this is my first diary. It looks like it is a quick way to learn that not everyone agrees with your opinion no matter how good it might sound. I have farmed in ...240 comments 330 Recs
- “I have three things I’d like to say today. First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition. Second, most of ...19 comments 11 Recs
- The kiddie pool will fall silent and dank. A useless and dangerous pit, into which small children and new users are likely to be fall and be injured. What a shock to get to the once more functional ...239 comments 242 Recs
- THE PROBLEM... It's showtime , folks... And the show is about our collective futures... [ A quick assertion: war with Iran = nothing done to address Global Warming = functionally, ...304 comments 373 Recs
- Crossposted from [West Virginia Blue http://www.wvablue.com]. It's 1:43 a.m. and I'm awake posting on torture. I have to be at work in a few short hours. I have a life and family outside ...52 comments 218 Recs
- No current results.