Climate Change: Study estimates that nuclear energy leads to substantially fewer pollution-related deaths and greenhouse gas emissions compared with fossil-fuel sourcesEver since the Fukushima nuclear disaster in 2011, critics of nuclear power have questioned how heavily the world should rely on the energy source. Countries like japan (understandably) and Germany (surprisingly) made moves to ban nuclear power from use in their countries in lieu of more heavy reliance on coal and the hop of wind and solar become cheaper with new tech. The sun provides us with enough energy in one hour to power the whole planet for a full year so I hope as the technology improves and costs drop energy output will start to go through the roof. In the meantime, there is good news for nuclear.
I just found out from an acquaintance of mine in the radio business that KPTK, the only progressive talk here in Seattle, will be changing their format to sports talk January 2nd. There are already two am sports talk stations here. SMFH. I have expressed my extreme displeasure as an advertiser and have just gotten off the phone with my really great sales rep over there to discontinue my ads effective immediately. It doesn't seem like there is going to be any way to convince them otherwise but I encourage everyone to try. (206) 805-1090
"How are you different than President Bush?"
Just watch it and enjoy.
Maybe send her some love in the form of youtube thumbs. She likes them for some reason.
If you haven't seen it yet and you need a funny start to your day I present to you this gem. Everyone, thank the internet for today it has delivered.
I took a picture. If there are any photo savvy kossacks that would like to answer a few questions about it please take a look and tell me what I did to mess it up. I'll explain and post the photo below.
I am a white, middle class (I make less than the median income of the city I live in) small business owning job creatorer heterosexual male who loves sports, naked ladies and beer. My hair is kind of a boring (yet somehow lusciously beautiful) banker, parted on one side kinda style. I wear polo style shirts and jeans and tennis shoes. I'm in my mid (late) thirties and I pay a lot in taxes. It's probably no more than what anyone else pays but I have to pay it all at once so it's kinda like a kick in the balls. And I complain about it. All. The. Time.
Based on that description you'd be safe to assume I'm a republican. But I'm not. I'm a proud democrat. More after the nameless orange thing.
Has anyone wondered why the GOP is imploding as we get closer to November? Can someone get Nate Silver to crunch some number and come up with a correlation of the speed of truth to the demise of a political party? Because what I think we are watching is the protective bubble the GOP has been building for itself the last few years to protect them from reality, popping. At 4 frames an hour.
Why, you ask? Simple. Rafalca, and his rider/ co-owner (with Ann Romney) will be representing the United States of America and I feel it's important to remember what patriotic duty means from time to time.
Say what you will about Roger Goodell. He's making the sport boring. He throws fines and suspensions around like lollipops and rainbows. What ever. He's trying to stop these injuries. I don't care if you think QBs are being protected too much. I don't care if you're a saints fan and you think the NFL came down too hard on the franchise. Suck it up. The league needs to change. Brain injuries need to be taken more seriously and of all people the damn players shouldn't allow themselves to be goaded into a bounty system because they run the risk of ending up just like Junior Seau. But this isn't about The Saints. It's not even about Junior Seau, rest his soul. It's about Roger Goodell, what he's doing to clean up the league, what more can be done and how I, as a fan, appreciate his efforts to prevent exactly what happend today to Seau and what has happened to Andre Waters in 2007. More after the break.
Recommended by psilocynic
- Yep, this is officially happening: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/22/185978331/anthony-weiner-jumps-into-race-to-be-nyc-mayor Former New ...83 comments 17 Recs
- While Congress is busy chasing the next great conspiracy in Benghazi or voting to repeal Obamacare for the 37 millionth time - the arctic icecap is quickly disappearing. In early April, Carlos ...75 comments 114 Recs
- This past weekend, I did something that might just horrify the more liberal among you. We handled firearms, gave them to children, and shot a bunch of stuff. It was a blast. You see….I'm a ...223 comments 23 Recs
- Today's brutal takedown of career hack Jonathan Karl by Charles P. Pierce over at Esquire.com is a must read. Long ago, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur of Ohio once told me that she thought my ...140 comments 489 Recs
- I’d previously written about Kiera Wilmot, the inquisitive Polk County Florida teenager arrested and expelled for a science experiment gone accidentally wrong. I can’t let it lay, of course ...268 comments 549 Recs
- Meet up in the Rose City! Ojibwa and state of confusion will be in town so we will be meeting with them at quilt central (home of Sara R and winglion). There will be a pipe ceremony, a blessing ...38 comments 23 Recs
- Have you noticed that the front page of Daily Kos is devoted, not to Democrats who are doing good things, but predominantly to Republicans behaving like idiots? Am I being accurate? Here's an ...315 comments 250 Recs
- "Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book. " Mark Twain. Since 1940, there have ...131 comments 2 Recs
- Florida Power & Light (FPL) is celebrating the completion of a major five-year upgrade program that has added over 500 MWe of capacity to four reactors at its Turkey Point and St Lucie sites. The ...42 comments 11 Recs
- Of course, I have to begin this diary with the obligatory statement that I'm not happy with all of Obama's policies, particularly his using the chained CPI as a bargaining chip. If I don't at least ...363 comments 284 Recs
- No current results.