Don't believe the BS coming out of the media!
I'm from Janesville, Wisconsin originally. I don't know Paul Ryan personally, but I do know his cousins. I went to elementary to high school with them. They coached and played on my little league teams. His office has even helped me get things pushed through the VA and INS to help get my wife her "Green Card".
So, this is a bit below the belt, but I'm surprised this hasn't come out before. Have you guys read Ryan's bibliography on his website, or even recall what he said about Social Security and survivor's benefits during the debate? No one has ever questioned him on this if I'm not mistaken. While it's tragic that his father died while Paul was a young man, he pocketed his SS money to save it for university. Not just any university, but Miami University in Ohio. That's not exactly a cheap place if you look it up. What's ironic is that he didn't need the financial help to get there as his family is and has been quite wealthy for generations. (Kudos to them, no doubt.) What the problem is quite simply is this: How would Ryan's politics support someone else using government assistance - someone who didn't need the assistance - for such a thing? This is the very type of thing that Ryan's fighting against in Congress.
Recommended by shotten99
- And How they Reversed his Party Participation Reforms and Abandoned his Progressive Agenda Centrist Democrats provided lackluster support for their Party's ostensible Presidential candidate, the ...13 comments 8 Recs
- Obama has increased support in Pennsylvania since the last debate. 1. He led Romney 47/44 before the debate and 50/44 after 2. When you include leaners, Romney picks up one point--50/45 3. The ...26 comments 17 Recs
- President Obama is holding on to a five-point lead over Republican Mitt Romney in Ohio, but that margin has been cut in half since September, according to a new Quinnipiac University/CBS News poll. ...41 comments 13 Recs
- President Obama is holding on to a five-point lead over Republican Mitt Romney in Ohio, but that margin has been cut in half since September, according to a new Quinnipiac University/CBS News poll. ...198 comments 92 Recs
- Whether it is Romney's bounce receding or numbers driven by the two great debate performances by Biden and Obama, on the aggregate, clearly the race is moving in our direction: http://...138 comments 268 Recs
- That's slightly better than their last poll before the presidential debate, which was 49-47. It's 50-43 in favor of Obama among registered voters, and 51-46 in favor of Obama among likely voters in ...410 comments 203 Recs
- If this is an indicator or preview of the Romney economic policy in action, we are all in deep, deep trouble.411 comments 522 Recs
- It looks like there are some reverse coattails going on in Arizona. This independent poll was taken from Oct 4 -10 so all post-debate. Obama leads Romney 44-42. Carmona leads Flake 44 to 40. ...355 comments 176 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.