Originally published on ramseycartoons.me.
Hello everyone! My name is Mike Ramsey. I'm a political cartoonist who used to post cartoons here with some frequency. I took a long hiatus from political cartooning after the 2012 election, and I've just gotten back in the saddle again. I hope you enjoy them!
I intend to make three cartoons a week, and cross-post them all here. If you'd like to keep up with my other work, I can be found at the following haunts:
Hey folks! It's been a LONG time since I've been active on this site, but I thought I'd make my return with this comic. Hope you enjoy it!
Political cartooning, like most creative fields, is dominated by artists from the liberal side of the political spectrum. However, there do exist exceptions that prove the rule: from small towns to big cities, in the pages of magazines and newspapers, that rare creature — the right-wing political cartoonist — lurks among us. What follows is the continuation of a weekly series from my old blog chronicling the latest in right-wing cartoon hackery, a brief glimpse into the alternate-reality fantasy world conservatives have constructed to protect their fragile political psyches.
This week, we tackle the reactionary scribblings of Michael Ramirez, Gary McCoy, Chuck Asay, and Eric Allie.
Karl Rove has just been subpoenaed by the House Judiciary Committee to testify on
June July 10. I just heard it on MSNBC. Will have a link to a story as soon as I can find one.
UPDATE: Special thanks to leney for finding the story, via the Chicago Tribune.
Recommended by sidwood
- Folks, we need a new mass transit initiative. There was a time at the turn of the last century that all cities had trolleys; even many small towns had trolleys. However, in the early 1900’...62 comments 14 Recs
- Ah, those history books. They can be damning. As noted by PoliticalWire , Bill Clinton ...286 comments 368 Recs
- per sfgate.com http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=14&entry_id=24286 Pelosi lays down the law this is the only acceptable way FL/MI CANNOT decide this - the voters ...85 comments 34 Recs
- No, this isn't about [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird Operation Mockingbird], whereby the CIA put journalists and news personnel on its payroll in order to lie to the American ...330 comments 504 Recs
- Is it possible for committed feminist like myself to actively campaign for Obama? I remember the first time I heard Hilary speak, almost 20 years ago, so impressed by her, and wondering if I would ...75 comments 45 Recs
- That is how many states each candidate currently sees in our country (you can subtract the 28ish states that already voted). My title is based on how many states are listed on their official websites.63 comments 21 Recs
- On Saturday, 21 April, the day after protesting George Bush’s visit to my hometown, and the morning after coaching some youth soccer, greee ...40 comments 46 Recs
- I make a point of not giving hate-mongers any more free press then they deserve. However, I also believe in a fine line between ignoring a situation that needs to be discussed and acted upon by ...22 comments 33 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.