Early voting report from Durham County, North Carolina.
In the North Carolina and Oregon Democratic US Senate primaries this year, two great progressive candidates ran for the nomination: Jim Neal (NC) and Steve Novick (OR). The DSCC, who is not supposed to pick sides in a primary, appears to have secretly funded their preferred candidates anyway (Kay Hagan (NC) and Jeff Merkley (OR)).
If the DSCC leaders personally had a preference, that’s fine. BUT IT IS NOT OK TO FUNNEL MONEY TO ONE CANDIDATE OVER ANOTHER IN A DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY!!!! That's unfairly taking sides and deliberately influencing an election, and that is not what the Democratic Party is about.
I support OBAMA for president.
I support JIM NEAL for US Senate.
Both Obama and Jim Neal are inspiring progressive Democrats.
Both Obama and Jim Neal speak up loudly about the ills of our society and can truly bring change to Washington.
Both Obama and Jim Neal have had uphill battles to climb to fight the Washington establishment, and both have been discounted at some point.
Please vote Obama-Jim Neal tomorrow!
Jim Neal is PAC free folks. His opponent, Kay Hagan, is not. She has had $146,250 in PAC money donated to her campaign. Let's help elect the real, PAC FREE, grassroots progressive. Go Jim Neal!
Please support Jim Neal for US Senate in North Carolina on May 6th. He's an amazing progressive grassroots candidate. They say he can't win because he's openly gay. He has great policies, they say, but he's gay. These are the same people who said Obama can't win because he's black.
Jim Neal and Kay Hagan in the NC Senate Debate: Obama vs. Clinton?
Jim Neal is an amazing progressive Democrat running for US Senate in North Carolina, but he needs our help! Please read on to learn more about Jim Neal.
Gay senator to succeed Jesse Helms?!!!!!
Fellow Dems, it could happen!
Jim Neal is a Democrat running for US Senate in North Carolina. He is running against Kay Hagan in North Carolina’s primary on May 6th. Many people have discounted Jim Neal because he is openly gay. Sure, he is openly gay. He is also openly white, openly male, openly down-to-earth, openly progressive, openly against the status-quo, and openly an AMAZING candidate.
I support Barack Obama and Jim Neal.
Both Barack Obama and Jim Neal are inspiring progressive Democrats. Both Obama and Jim Neal wish to change America for the better, and are willing to fight for those who are unable to fight for themselves. Both Obama and Jim Neal have had uphill battles to climb to fight the Washington establishment, and both have been discounted at some point.
If you are inspired by Obama, I think you will also be inspired by Jim Neal. If you support Obama, I urge you to support Jim Neal as well.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) REFUSES to support Jim Neal, an openly gay candidate in North Carolina running for US Senate. Something fishy seems to be going on. Is the DSCC interfering in a Democratic Primary election?
Recommended by spnj889
- On primary night I liveblogged from Southern Rail in Carrboro, where U.S. Senate candidate Jim Neal held his after-...8 comments 17 Recs
- Born and bred in North Carolina, I'm not used to our primary votes truly being "counted." I'm not even sure that I voted in a primary until after college. I DO know that I didn't ...135 comments 229 Recs
- Cross-posted at BlueNC ...14 comments 23 Recs
- see updated diary at http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/5/4/153155/1213/588/508947 covering Saturday Early voting in North Carolina is through the roof. As of close of business Friday, there had ...289 comments 115 Recs
- Cross-posted at Pam's House Blend ,6 comments 22 Recs
- Full Disclosure : I am the Political Director for the Jim Neal for Senate campaign I bring very exciting news from the campaign trail: after some major technical and political hurdles ...12 comments 6 Recs
- Hillary has to do well (if not win outright) in North Carolina to continue to make the assertion she is a viable candidate. Period. The demographics in North Carolina most closely resemble those ...18 comments 9 Recs
- Ex-Senator John Edwards could do the transformative agenda he has espoused a great deal of good by making an endorsement. One candidate is a committed, grassroots progressive and the other is a ...26 comments 39 Recs
- Cross-posted at Election ...119 comments 12 Recs
- The May 6th North Carolina Primary is days away. It would seem by the coverage of the media that the Presidential race here in North Carolina is the only important election that will take place; ...9 comments 10 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.