A U.S. citizen's family has made a credible allegation that the United States urged the Saudi Arabian Government to detain the U.S. citizen without charges and torture him, since they could not. They have (according to someone from the U.S. attorney's office), among other things, pulled off his finger nails to try to get him to confession to terrorist activities in Virginia. The Bush administration takes the position that even if it did so, that this was legal.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by ohwilleke
- BBC: Shots fired inside Canada parliament Witnesses reported seeing a gunman firing at the Ottawa War Memorial and then running toward the government buildings, where more shots were heard. A ...167 comments 48 Recs
- 170 comments 443 Recs
- In 1808, President Thomas Jefferson told an Indian delegation who was visiting Washington: “You will unite yourselves with us and we shall all be Americans. You will mix with ...75 comments 133 Recs
- Harry Reid has all sorts of surprises up his sleeve. First, he includes the language on repealing DADT in the Defense Appropriations Bill. Now, he is including the DREAM Act in the Defense ...197 comments 323 Recs
- In late 2007, [John] Kiriakou told ABC News's Brian Ross that Zubaydah "answered every question" after being subjected to waterboarding for "30 to 35 seconds" during his interrogation.9 comments 12 Recs
- Its still early here. This is breaking news at the coffee shops. I wonder if there are other stories like this that I have not heard about. Are there more to come?38 comments 19 Recs
- For those that don’t really follow urban spatial arrangements the same way I do, you might not know that metropolitan Europe has an entirely different spatial pattern than metropolitan America.13 comments 12 Recs
- When Barack Obama sought the presidency, he pledged to reverse the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of gays and lesbians serving openly in the U.S. military. Yet on Monday, the Supreme ...333 comments 16 Recs
- As we discuss civil rights domestically, let us not forget the attrocities faced by gays abroad. The U.N., and now with the U.S. support, has previously tried to address in a non-binding ...17 comments 20 Recs
- Scholars compiling 2008 edition of the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) have just publicized some of their numbers--and they ...91 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.