A SUSPECTED suicide bomber was shot dead on the London Underground today. Marksmen opened fire as terrified passengers were evacuated from the platform at Stockwell Tube station just after 10am.From The Scotsman
Unconfirmed reports suggested the dead man was involved in yesterday's attacks in London.
If the suspect is confirmed to be a suicide bomber, it would mark the fifth attempted terrorist attack on Lo ndon in less than a day.
The man tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times, said Mr Whitby, who had been sitting on the Tube train reading his paper, as it was stationary with its doors open.
This is London has witnesses that seem to think this may have been a police "execution", although I don't think that, if he had a bomb on him, that may have been completely unjustified.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Expat Briton
- Time Magazine Calls Out McCain Ad- Worse than Willie Horton Three days ago I posted a diary breaking down McCain’s “The One” ad (I posted the ad at the bottom of this diary) –563 comments 591 Recs
- Boy am I hoping that Republican Pat Hardy wins her primary for the District 11 on the Texas State Board of Education. All I know about Pat Hardy is [thishttp://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/32 comments 30 Recs
- I am as many know a Quaker by "convincement" to use the old Friends' terminology. This is the result of a lifelong journey. It was in my role as a Quaker, a member of the Religious Society of ...95 comments 141 Recs
- I am pleased to announce that in addition to my usual roaming God-guy duties at Yearly Kos - Mike Stark has outfitted me with a bishop's crozier wired for sound + images, and pontifical hat that ...46 comments 49 Recs
- This diary is just some reflections on the state of politics and the world circa June 10th, 2007. Here's my theme: I think people underestimate just what a significant turning point we are at right ...141 comments 267 Recs
- NEW YORK — Inmates at the federal prison camp in Otisville, N.Y., were stunned by what they saw at the chapel library on Memorial Day _ hundreds of books had disappeared from the ...112 comments 192 Recs
- The Christian Right has gotten complacent under Bush, They now feel safe committing petty crimes like vandalism, certain that no one will dare oppose them. But one lady in Tifton, Goergia, a small ...109 comments 47 Recs
- SusanHu has just informed me that Natural Balance , which has recalled several of its products, disturbing enough in that it was not tied to Menu Foods, has ...304 comments 233 Recs
- Don Imus doesn't think he's a racist. He says, over and over again, that he's "a good person who said a bad thing." At times he has even seemed outraged that anyone could think he's a racist, and ...535 comments 373 Recs
- As things go in the abysmal American healthcare system, insurance company sponsored mail order pharmacies are a good deal, especially for those of us with chronic illnesses who require maintenance ...11 comments 14 Recs
Expat Briton's Tags
- No current results.
Expat Briton's Blogroll
- No current results.