Our universities have already opened their doors to undergrad students, but graduate students have very different needs. They will need to be hosted in individual research laboratories that have the facilities required to do their work. We would like to somehow find students in need and hook them up with the appropriate people around the country. I am sure there were many International students there-no family no money that have nowhere to go. How can we (I) set up a communication system for this?
Right now of course the focus is on saving lives. But once this aspect of the disaster is over, how can we help people get their lives back? I am a researcher at a university in the Southeast and we would like to help the displaced graduate students along the coast.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by science geek
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 434 Recs
- Tell me how you think this story ends. An armed drunk decides to go boating, leaves his gun on the dock, causes $300 damage to the marina by driving in a prohibited area, and then passes out ...71 comments 202 Recs
- My apologies in advance for the “old news,” but yes, it’s still bothering me – and I have a question. I haven’t diaried in years, but I saw a clip a couple mornings ago which bothered me ...134 comments 93 Recs
- Less than 24 hours after the Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia that has killed at least 7 and injured dozens more, the House Appropriations committee voted (see 12:34 PM update) against a $1.1 ...6 comments 16 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 389 Recs
- Photo: North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory - Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II sent out an email Sunday afternoon from Forward Together/Moral Mondays/NC NAACP .101 comments 303 Recs
- The second before Officer Thomas Webster illegally kicks Lateef Dickerson in the face and knocks him out Everything about this video is wrong, awful, illegal, and disgusting. That's ...190 comments 276 Recs
- NC's Governor Pat McCrory (right) and junior U.S. Senator Thom Tillis (left) (See the Update at the end of this article for links to fast-breaking developments in the McCrory Affair) Exclusive to ...187 comments 486 Recs
- Congratulations Alberta, Canada! With a large majority Alberta, Canada has just elected a people friendly, environment friendly premier! Great for Canada and the rest of the world!71 comments 242 Recs
- These two guys are moving toward a vote ...26 comments 34 Recs
science geek's Tags
- No current results.
science geek's Blogroll
- No current results.