Quite frankly, I'm happy that Mr. Turner has called it as he saw it and let it be known.
Stansfield Turner, Director of Central Intelligence under President Jimmy Carter, has called Vice President Dick Cheney "a vice president for torture", saying that Cheney "was damaging America's reputation by overseeing torture policies of possible terrorist suspects". Turner made these comments in an interview with Britain's ITV news yesterday.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by KCBearcat
- One never knows when the homosexual is about! Ken Simon wanted to give his students a lesson about how attitudes towards cultural subjects change over time. After showing a 50-year-old PSA on ...157 comments 111 Recs
- Nobody cares. I see Louisiana governor and ex-somebody Bobby Jindal is still taking to the op-ed pages in a desperate attempt to convince his Republican party to pay attention to him. His latest ...84 comments 49 Recs
- Remember Dan Price, the CEO who cut his own pay to raise the minimum annual pay at his company to $70,...106 comments 237 Recs
- If you stop and think about it, every business is a service business. Businesses exist to sell, to sell they must have customers, and there is no better way to earn those customers than providing ...160 comments 274 Recs
- Following Indiana's enactment of a law that will ensure the right to discriminate against LGBT Americans and other marginalized groups, #BoycottIndiana ...148 comments 175 Recs
- UVA Honors Student Martese Johnson A popular undergraduate honors student and leader at the University of Virginia, Martese Johnson, was brutally assaulted by law enforcement near the campus very ...177 comments 256 Recs
- Another terribly ugly racist incident in the St. Louis area. A white man at a Florissant, Missouri, White Castle was upset with two women who'd gotten to the drive-thru window before him, so he ...338 comments 317 Recs
- (photo credit: futureatlas.com ) Crooks and Liars gives us a recap of O'Reilly's interview this morning with Howard Kurtz on Fox News : Kurtz: ...309 comments 398 Recs
- Right kind of veterans only, please! Marie Claire Cain pulled into a "reserved for veterans" parking spot at her local grocery store. When she returned to her car, she found ...395 comments 439 Recs
- It happens in every diary about SNAP or any other type of welfare: casual observations about a so-an-so someone saw in the store the other day, using their EBT card to buy [insert item that someone ...377 comments 523 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.