There is no issue as important as global warming. We are all Jews in Germany, and it is 1938.
Are we just in another phase of the usual hurricane cycle that was calm in the period 1900-1925, busy 1926-1960, then calm again until things started picking up in 1995? Jeff Masters at Weather Underground has published an extraordinary list of the records broken by the 2005 hurricane season, including several events that have never occured in the 500 years for which we have relatively good knowledge of hurricane activity in the Atlantic and Carribean. (Hurricanes are big, so they were hard to miss by all those Europeans sailing to and from the New World).
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by AceDeuceLady
- Not only is it the right thing to do, it also costs a lot less than you might think. Voodoo economics is back, folks. On their very first day in session, House ...35 comments 64 Recs
- Writer Ijeoma Oluo did something on Martin Luther King Jr. Day I personally avoid at all costs—she engaged a rancid troll on Twitter. The troll, calling himself ...178 comments 814 Recs
- "That the impious presumption of legislators and rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men have assumed dominion over the faith of others, ...566 comments 521 Recs
- 2014 was the warmest year in NOAA's 135 year record. 2014 was the hottest on year record according to NOAA, NASA and the Japan Meteorological Agency. The high temperatures were not associated with ...84 comments 190 Recs
- Consumers to pull plug on power companies as solar batteries improve FED-UP households have warned the Newman Government [Australia] they are prepared to abandon the energy grid to escape big bills ...136 comments 174 Recs
- Pope Francis will be issuing a rare encyclical on the environment and climate change next year , and it's pretty clear that his message will not be "Drill, baby, drill." According to the Guardian ...350 comments 379 Recs
- No doubt by now, you've heard the Science-Illiterates, proclaiming incredulously: If There's Global Warming ... Why Is It So Cold? link to video yaleclimateforum -- Published on Jan 28, 2014 ...68 comments 197 Recs
- David Brat, the out of nowhere dark horse that took down Eric Cantor in the GOP primary in VA-7, but the Dark horse has deep ties to the "dark money" that is currently drowning the political system ...74 comments 164 Recs
- Climate and weather are hot topics these days. As you read about them one factors looms large for the coming months: The odds are increasing that an El Niño is in the works for 2014—and recent ...25 comments 36 Recs
- A new NASA sponsored study in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is showing a connection between the collapse of the Polar vortex, the California drought, and the rise of the monster El Nino ...68 comments 81 Recs
- No current results.
- Juan Cole
- Eric Alterman
- Crooks and Liars
- Media Matters
- Editor & Publisher
- Glenn Greenwald
- Real Climate
- Jeff Masters
- The Heat Is Online
- Michigan Liberal
- Michigan PeaceWorks
- Liberal, Loud and Proud
- Arbor Update
- Ron Suarez, Ann Arbor
- The Memory Hole
- Secrecy News
- Union of Concerned Scientists