But if you've got limited time, Wesley Clark's keynote address on "The Real, State of the Union 2006" begins about at about 3:25:40 into the program. It's nice to see a genuine statesman's take on the state of the union, rather than that of the overgrown frat boy and pretend cowboy that we're going to see delivering the official one tomorrow night.
C-SPAN now has the complete proceedings of today's New America Foundation on "The Real State of U.S. Foreign Policy 2006" up on their website. Just go to www.c-span.org , and click on the "All Recent Programs" link at the bottom of the page. The link is entitled "New America Foundation on State of Foreign Policy."
If you've got a little more than 4 hours, the entire thing is well worth watching, if for no other reason than to see how united foreign policy experts coming from both conservative and liberal points of view are in their view of how badly the Bush administration has screwed up our standing in the world.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by leevank
- My friend was killed in the @Amtrak crash. Her family received this note. I think we should all give Chad a call... pic.twitter.com/CH59KJw2QK — Rachel Lutz (@racheldaytwa) May 15, ...140 comments 132 Recs
- I am heterosexual, married to the same woman for nearly 45 years. I have two children, both adopted many years ago. I felt that the Republican pricks defending marriage discrimination in Tuesday's ...7 comments 16 Recs
- Are you that crazy that you think that destroying Baltimore will end police violence and brutality? Are you that crazy? Have you seen the destruction, violence and fires in Baltimore? If you have,206 comments 16 Recs
- The Baltimore Sun has been bought and sold and bought since it was the newspaper I knew as a kid. My grandmother worked for The Sun when Mencken wrote for them. She believed he was the devil ...59 comments 138 Recs
- Former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley first came to my attention during the child refugee crisis last summer. He was one of the few to push back against the White House's plan to deport these ...23 comments 37 Recs
- I recently read Moneyball , the Michael Lewis book that is ostensibly about baseball, but really is about politics. OK, it's really about baseball, specifically about the Oakland Athletics during ...25 comments 41 Recs
- A picture can speak a thousand words and the chart above shows how solar installations have exploded worldwide and all this activity has happened ...162 comments 271 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is a friend of mine. After all he wrote the foreword to my second book, Playing Bigger Than You Are . I have the utmost respect for Elizabeth Warren. But I also have a lot ...331 comments 297 Recs
- Harold Meyerson has a column in today's Washington Post Opinion pages: Today’s GOP is the party of Jefferson Davis, not of Lincoln Though incendiary, it is a remark I've heard made before, but ...64 comments 137 Recs
- Did a recent graphic by the anti-gay, pro-religious-freedom American Family Association make their intentions a little too clear? The American Family Association (AFA) proudly describes itself as ...53 comments 172 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.