- The president has been caught red-handed illegally wiretapping citizens the solution offered is to simply change the law.
- The vice-president has actually shot a man and had the victim apologise.
- The Secretary of Defense has authorised the use of torture on suspects and prisoners.
- Negroponte, strongly associated with 'Death Squads' in Salvador, has been appointed as the first US Ambassador to Iraq
- Imprisonment without charge or trial is becoming accepted, and not only in gulags like Abu Ghraib & Guantanamo Bay but on the mainland. (Jose Padilla, anyone?)
- Pat Robertson, a prominent religious leader and senator, publicly calls for the killing of a legitimate head of state.
- Tom Delay indicted on conspiracy charges of funneling money to candidates.
Such things are (sadly) more at home in a corrupt, civil war-ridden African nation, not a powerful western nation. What has the US become?