The Third World is not poor. The Third World is rich in resources. The PEOPLE of the Third World are poor at the point of a gun. Every lowlife death squad dictatorship on this planet receives direct support of arms, or funding for the purchase of arms, or financing in the form of guaranteed loans for arms, from our government. The socialist democracies do not yield escaping populations desperate enough to endure the dangers and hardship of illegal immigration. Only our pet psychopaths produce that suffering. We need to get out of the business of oppressing labor in the Third World. We need to stop allowing our government to support the human suffering, the corruption, and the sleaze that are the result of our support, our maintenance, and our outfitting of dictatorships.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Linda Wood
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...346 comments 556 Recs
- The Economist tries to get it right. The center of Ramadi is indeed under ISIS control. That's "ISIS" as an acronym for Islamic State Is Shxt. What matters most in Iraq goes to three things: --27 comments 5 Recs
- Stop whatever you are doing. Mike Morrell, former CIA Director during Bush/Cheney, is getting blistered by Chris Matthews right now. If you missed the first segment, set up your DVR to record the ...23 comments 10 Recs
- They lie. They really have no choice. Reality does have a liberal bias. Therefore, the only chance Republicans have to win a debate is to lie. One of the longest running lies is that the media ...1 comments 4 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- In Ramadi, Iraq, last week a force of some 200 ISIS fighters carried out a successful suicide-based attack on the Government Center building. A chain of cars drove in and blasted check points and ...51 comments 9 Recs
- This ...82 comments 48 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama in happier times. The report released Monday by Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren adds fuel to ...179 comments 129 Recs
- Seeking to avoid the multi-day saga that Jeb Bush endured ...145 comments 154 Recs
- Speculation includes the opinion this is not a significant loss for ISIS /Daesh simply because removing the head may not alter the pace of operations. The US says its special forces have killed ...57 comments 22 Recs
Linda Wood's Blogroll
- No current results.