"Current law is not agile enough to handle the threat posed by sophisticated international terrorist organizations such as al-Qaeda"So instead of following the law, that is not "agile enough" (72 hour retro-warrants are waaay too slow) they chose to ignore the law. Which is a polite way of saying they are engaged in criminal activity, and their own talking points point that out. Can somebody get a judge on the phone?
The National Security Agency provided a list of "talking points" about the warrantless eavesdropping program on Americans in America to Senate intelligence agency chair, Pat Roberts (R-Kan) that somehow ended up on the pages of WaPo. The one that caught my eye, was the one that admitted guilt.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diggla, CalbraithRodgers, farleftcoast, kingubu, subtropolis, PBen, LindaR, jimreyn, Uncle Ben, word is bond, Cory Bantic, SFJen, ER Doc, TeddySanFran, StormingAmerican, Heyroot
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Oilfieldguy
- Over the weekend, the offices of the Cleveland County Democratic Party in Norman, Oklahoma, were vandalized. From what we can best determine, the first part of the incident took place at about 2am ...47 comments 32 Recs
- We at FireDoglake have a new "carrots and sticks" strategy for these 55 members in Democratic districts that refuse to join their 65 colleagues in drawing a ...494 comments 309 Recs
- On Tuesday night, a handful of folks in Kingfisher, Oklahoma held the first regular meeting of the Kingfisher County Democrats that had been held in quite some time. You might expect this to be a ...28 comments 48 Recs
- Firearm sales climb in Oklahoma after Election ...42 comments 23 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF OKLAHOMA: This is a diary written for 50-state strategizers. One of the main reasons that I decided to come back to DKos as droogie the Okie is because I wanted to ask this ...991 comments 376 Recs
- I posted the following on my blog, Peace Arena . I'm thinking about sending it in as ...22 comments 14 Recs
- Election Day is one month away, and Jim Inhofe’s misleading campaign commercials have us all wondering the same thing Sen. Rice asks here:14 comments 36 Recs
- Right now at Firedoglake , we have a chat with Josh Hoyt, a constituent of ...99 comments 119 Recs
- We don't expect the men and women we support to necessarily support the same position we do on every single vote. But even in the short time Chris Carney has been in Congress, he has moved ...691 comments 404 Recs
- HUGE: It was two years ago, when the White House suggested that the Justice Department fire all 93 U.S. attorneys! The documents will be provided to Congress today! Coming from WaPo:382 comments 409 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.