Just heard her interview with Ed Schultz.
I'm at work - no time to expand on this the way I want to now, but Congresswoman:
YOU ARE WRONG by refusing to pursue impeachment.
If you think the American people are going to give you points for eschewing impeachment and trying to take care of business - YOU ARE WRONG AS WRONG CAN BE.
- You are NOT taking care of business. FISA, SCHIP, Dwell Time Amendment, War Funding, Judiciary Committee Subpoenas - you CANNOT get ANYTHING DONE and the REPUBLICANS ARE NOT GOING TO LET YOU GET ANYTHING DONE. They are trying to screw you (and it's working) and they don't give a damn what damage they do to the nation. How has this escaped your attention? How much longer are you going to keep beating your head against the wall, getting nowhere? Do you think there is even one reasonable republican out there who is going to "work with you" on anything? You are insane. Their obstructionist strategy is working because of schmucks like you.
- The Congress is ALREADY DIVIDED. They have stopped you in your tracks with 100% success. You WILLL NOT get anything else through this session. Period.
- You CANNOT ALLOW leaders who break our laws to go unpunished! That's just plain wrong. It's not your job to worry about dividing the Congress, etc. It is your JOB to fufill your OATH to uphold the Constitution. You DO NOT have a choice. Don't rationalize it away. YOU MUST HOLD LAWBREAKING BUSH AND CHENEY ACCOUNTABLE OR RESIGN. If you do not hold them accountable, it is YOUR gross dereliction of YOUR DUTY.
- It is not up to you. You work for US, and we want IMPEACHMENT.
- Come election time, you are going to have zero accomplished, and no impeachment. This will be a disaster for Democrats.
How can you possibly be so out of touch with what Americans want, and out of touch with plain reality?
Who can help me persuade the Congresswoman that her position on this is JUST PLAIN WRONG and NEEDS TO CHANGE NOW.