There's tons of nightmare scenarios out there for tonight. Hillary loses and decides to stay in the race and continue slinging mud at Obama. Maybe you like Hillary and tonight is the night that Obama finishes her off. Maybe she'll even concede. Maybe Hillary will sweep all the states except Vermont and win in Ohio by 15 points, crushing your hopes of an Obama victory. No one knows whats going to happen.
So whatever happens tonight, let's add a little certainty and make sure we at least get wasted in the process.
Let's use this thread as a discussion of rules for a drinking game tonight!
I have a few ideas, but I think if we put all our heads together we can come up with something good. I'll try to update with the finalized rules. Here's what I have so far:
- Everytime the media calls a state for your candidate, chug a drunk, take shot or do a beer bong (whatever you prefer). If you're daring, you might even attempt a strikeout. If your candidate wins by double-digits, chug 2 drinks/ take 2 shots/ take 2 beer bongs.
- If the media calls a state for a candidate and then flip-flops (a la Gore 2000 or Clinton in Missouri) then you chug 2 drinks, 2 shots, or 2 beer bongs.
- Every time your candidate takes the lead in a state, before that state is called, finish your drink.
- (a) For Obama supporters: Every time someone asks if Hillary is going to drop out, take a drink.
- (b) For Hillary supporters: Every time someone argues that Hillary still has a clear path for victory, take a drink.
- Every time someone momentum, take a drink.
- Every time someone says "3AM" or "red phone" take 3 drinks.
- Any time you hear "change you can Xerox," finish your drink.
- Whenever you hear "unprecedented turnout" take 2 drinks.
- (a) For MSNBC: If Tweety becomes unhinged before 8pm, finish your drink. If Tweety remains unhinged for the rest of the evening, well, better call in sick on Wednesday.
- (b) For CNN: Take a shot (or chug a drink) every time it looks like Blitzer is going to cry.
...other suggestions? I'm especially looking for more ideas on how to add more chugging, beer bongs, or shots to the game since it looks like there's only a few opportunities so far.
Maybe there's a way to incorporate a deck of cards into the game so that instead of "taking 1 drink" you pick up a card from the deck and take that many drinks instead?
Credits (read comments):
Central PA Kossacks