Hillary Clinton has told congressional colleagues she would be open to becoming Barack Obama's vice presidential nominee, saying she would consider it if it would help Democrats win the White House.
Clinton, a New York senator, made the comment on a conference call with other New York lawmakers Tuesday, according a participant on the call.
The senator's remarks came in response to a question from Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez who said she believed the best way for Obama to win over key voting blocs, including Hispanics, would be for him to choose Clinton as his running mate.
In related news, I am willing to play second base for the Detroit Tigers. I mean, sure, last year second baseman Placido Polanco won both the Silver Slugger and the Gold Glove, but I'm here to serve if it would help the Tigers bring their team together.
A round-up of other breaking magnanimity stories:
- Documents have recently surfaced that suggest that Managing Editor SusanG has informed her Daily Kos colleagues that she would be willing to spend the night with George Clooney if--and only if--it would bring on world peace.
- Devilstower has indicated to international officials his willingness to travel the world inspecting sand quality of beaches and the deflection of hammocks from increased winds due to climate change.
- ct, taking a respite from running the tech side of Daily Kos, has expressed a willingness to subsist on a diet of excellent salami if it would facilitate the drive to achieve world peace. He has also signaled that he would bravely volunteer to drive a Bentley for social justice and move into a 20 room mansion to save baby seals.
- From seals to Penguins. The word from Pittsburgh is that smintheus has told the coaches that's he's willing to spend tomorrow evening between the pipes for game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals if Penguin's goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is too tired from last night's triple overtime thriller.
- Confidants of Scout Finch report that in recent conversations she has conveyed a willing to explore San Francisco and the Bay area in an effort to compare and contrast "San Francisco values" with "Midwestern values."
- Our Capitol Hill correspondents have picked up on discussions involving contributing writer Adam B. If it would resolve the current gridlock, Adam B has agreed to accept a nomination to serve on the Federal Election Commission.
- Rumors are flying that Meteor Blades has told a number of reporters off the record (so typical of him) that he would be willing to serve as policy czar and have the very last word on all legislation in the fields of immigration, defense, health and human services, labor, environment, energy and commerce for the next eight years. Which approval he could phone in from Ubud, Bali, every other day.
- The French press is atwitter over rumors that brownsox is willing to travel to France as a member of the Diplomatic Corps, and attempt to ameliorate the well-documented strains in Franco-American relations by engaging in a "listening tour" of prominent French restaurants and vineyards.
- The British music magazine Mojo has published a claim that Trapper John will, if offered the opportunity, travel back in time to London, 1970, hang out with Jimi Hendrix for a few days, earn his trust, and bogart most of the bottles of wine on September 18. Trapper John is further willing to serve as the road manager for Band of Gypsys on the 1970-71 Winter Tour.
- DarkSyde just wanted to add that he's open to riding along on the next Shuttle flight as a Mission Specialist, or in any capacity really. He's also warm to the idea of being paid to fly backseat in an F-15 Strike Eagle upside down over the cape on patrol with a Raptor while taking spectacular, official NASA shots of the next shuttle liftoff, you know, just in case they need a volunteer. -- DS
What are YOU open to doing...for, you know, a good cause, and for which you would be indispensable?