Contra all the spin we've been hearing from BaucuCon and the GOP about health care, soak in these numbers from the NYT poll yesterday:
- Americans trust Obama over congressional GOPers on health care by a 55%-26% margin.
- 72% think Congress is moving either too slowly or at the right pace.
- 59% think Obama is moving either too slowly or at the right pace.
- 76% think health care costs pose a serious threat to the nation's economy.
- 66% support a Medicare-style public option for all Americans.
If that's what the Republicans call winning the health care debate, they are even more screwed than has been reported.
More importantly, if BaucuCon doesn't understand these numbers, then they gotta' get out more and stop hanging out with the wingnuts.