The case was made long ago that Fox News is a haven for racism and hate. So many of the network's presenters have been caught expressing repulsive views that they should just stop pretending and pull their sheets out of the closet.
Brought to you by...
The Internet's Chronicle Of Media Decay.
Sam Stein at the Huffington Post has done some investigative work that documents what rational observers already know. His column itemizes the parade of repugnant hate mongers that Glenn Beck has featured on his radio and TV programs. People like...
- Michael Hill, the founder and president of the League of the South.
- Thomas Naylor, the secessionist head of the Second Vermont Republic.
- Tom Woods, radical, pro-Confederate author.
- Larry Pratt, the president of Gun Owners of America.
- Roy Beck, the founder and president of NumbersUSA.
- Charles Goyette, Phoenix-based radio host and 9/11 skeptic.
The research done by HuffPo's Stein is a useful addition to accumulated evidence against Beck. Stein notes that Beck is well known for casting aspersions on his enemies based on associations he can make between them and other dubious figures. By that standard, Beck is the leading candidate for Grand Wizard in America today. And remember, Beck is the guy who called President Obama a racist. Beck is also the guy who has been on an obsessive campaign against African Americans in public service. Along with organizations that represent the interests of the poor, minorities, and workers, like ACORN and SEIU, Beck has attacked mostly black staffers in the Obama administration:
Anyone who thinks that the election of a black president put an end to the problem of racial prejudice in this country is terminally naive.