I assure you we are not.
There exist in this country a class war. On one side you have corporatists who want to make the USA a lot more like Mexico. They have effectively taken over our country, our government, and our Democratic party.
On the other side you have 99% of the American people. The labor force. The working class.
Either you're with us or you're with them. This is not Bushian simplicity. This is a fact. The interests and aims of the 1% are so adverse to the interests of the other 99%, that there is little middle ground. In almost every case, whether it's domestic policy or foreign policy, health care policy or energy policy, the interests of the 1% are diametrically opposed to those of the general public.
They are, in fact, our enemy. They seized our country, our government, our media, and used them against us. All in the name of making a few extra bucks.
A percentage of people here at Daily Kos have their allegiances backwards. Their loyalty is to the corporatists, the president, and the party leaders when it should be to their fellow Americans.
They DEFEND some of the most egregious and harmful actions of our sold out, bought and paid for "leaders" because they are loyal not to principle or the weak among us. They are loyal to power.
They defended Obama's flip flop on FISA. The picking of the rats who caused the financial crisis like Larry Summers into Obama's administration. They defended keeping rats and war criminals like Bush holdover Bill Gates. They defend Obama's escalation of a STUPID and IMMORAL war in Afghanistan.
They defend Obama's lies on removing our troops and mercenaries from Iraq.
They defend the CONTINUATION of Bush's policies on terrorism and violations of civil rights.
They defend Obama's secret deal with the pharmaceutical companies.
They defend Obama's countless attempts to appease Republicans legislatively when he knows or should know they will never reciprocate. He actually allowed Republicans to REPEATEDLY weaken legislation and still didn't get one Republican vote on the same legislation. WTF?
And worst of all, they defend Obama's Republican, conservative, and corporatist alliances while chastising FDL's pitiful little attempt to ally temporarily to defeat this atrocity of a health care bill.
Obama ran as an agent of change. Then, once in office, he became the guardian of the status quo. He FUCKED US on the bank bailout. Too big to fail just got bigger. Goldman Sachs is laughing at us now. They're mocking us.
A year ago they needed our help. That was the time to act. That was the time to win hard new regulations. But instead, Obama pissed our leverage away.
At first I thought he was a healer. Then I began to realize he's just weak. Now I am convinced he's just working for the other side.
On every single issue, amazingly, he has sided with the corporatist lords. WTF?
On every one of these issues above, and many more I didn't mention, that's what it comes down to. You're either on the side of the Billionaire Club, or you're on the side of the people.
Obama is on the side of the Billionaire Club.
Obama appealed to a lot of Republicans because, in many respects, he ran as a Republican. Remember this?
I asked the president-elect, "At the end of the day, are you really talking about over the course of your presidency some kind of grand bargain? That you have tax reform, healthcare reform, entitlement reform including Social Security and Medicare, where everybody in the country is going to have to sacrifice something, accept change for the greater good?"
"Yes," Obama said.
"And when will that get done?" I asked.
"Well, right now, I’m focused on a pretty heavy lift, which is making sure we get that reinvestment and recovery package in place. But what you described is exactly what we’re going to have to do. What we have to do is to take a look at our structural deficit, how are we paying for government? What are we getting for it? And how do we make the system more efficient?"
"And eventually sacrifice from everyone?" I asked.
"Everybody’s going to have to give. Everybody’s going to have to have some skin in the game," Obama said.
Only a Republican could look at the plight of the American people for the last 30 years, as we've gone from making less than half for the same amount of work, as everything has gotten insanely expensive, from health care to groceries to college tuition, and our local communities are broke, our schools are broke, our local governments are broke..
Only a fucking Republican could be so out of touch with the economic hardship of the people of this country to suggest that we need to "sacrifice".
The last forty years, since the evil ratfuck Reagan swept into office, have BEEN A SACRIFICE.
I AM A DEMOCRAT. I am a member of the PEOPLE'S PARTY. I am loyal to ordinary Americans who are suffering needlessly while greedy fucks like Larry Summers and Loyd Blankfein plunder our commonwealth.
That's the team I'm on.