Last week, we made our first donation ever, sending $250 to the Halter for Senate campaign. We're still supporting Halter on our ActBlue page, but for the month of May we've narrowed the field to five candidates:
Elaine Marshall (North Carolina Senate) primary date: 6/22
Rodney Glassman (Arizona Senate) primary date: 8/24
Roxanne Conlin (Iowa Senate) primary date: 6/8
Sheila Smoot (Alabama 7th) primary date: 6/1
Tom Perriello (Virginia 5th) primary date: 6/8
There's some great progressives on that list, this is going to be a tough vote for our members!
Peanut Butter PAC was formed by a group of Kossacks - myself, Ministry of Truth, pistolSO, Something the Dog Said, Stranded Wind and others have been involved from the start to create our own Netroots PAC. We ask for small donations from our members, as little as $2 per week, and we urge them to make a small sacrifice in their daily lives in order to free up the money. For example, pack a peanut butter sandwich one day a week, instead of buying lunch in the office cafe, hence the name of the PAC.
We have 8 principles in our organizing prospectus:
- To support job creation with good pay and benefits, to protect and preserve good jobs for the American people, and to support and defend the rights of all Americans to organize and participate in Labor Unions.
- To promote and support a sustainable and environmentally friendly Energy Policy that will lead America away from the unsustainable consumption of fossil fuels and our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- To curtail the use of torture as a policy and practice of the United States of America, and for legal accountability for the use of torture, focused on those leaders who approved its use. Anything we've prosecuted people for in the past is a crime and should be treated as such.
- To rebuild America’s outdated and depreciated infrastructure and transportation systems.
- To support and defend the civil rights of all Americans, as defined by the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America and envisioned by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, regardless of race, religion, ethnic heritage, gender, or sexual orientation.
- To promote and support quality health care for all Americans through reforms and policies such as, but not limited to, Medicare for All.
- To promote and support America’s public education system and education reforms that bear in mind the best interests of the American people.
- To fight Corporate and Special Interests influence in Government by supporting and defending Campaign Finance Reform and supporting and advocating on behalf of Publicly Funded Elections.
Please click through to our web site to see what we're all about - I'll be around to answer questions for a while in the comments.
||Follow me on Twitter: @JohnTehan|
|Follow Peanut Butter PAC on Twitter: @PeanutButterPAC|
|If you like my work and want to see more of it, please join Peanut Butter PAC, the PAC that fights back!|