If Joseph Goebbels were alive today he would be proud of FOX, Limbaugh, et al. Why do I say such a thing? Let us Look at his principles:
- There is no truth.
- All information is irrelevant.
- History and media messages are mere narratives.
- Truth is what you choose to believe.
1. There is no truth.
If there is no truth, then one is free to lie. To make up big, fat lies.
The only limit is your imagination and getting people to agree with you.
- Barack Obama is a socialist, a Muslim, not a citizen,etc.
- Health Insurance will kill your Grandma, create Death Panels, etc
- Democrats, Liberals, want to destroy America
- You make one up!
2. All information is irrelevant.
Facts are fiction, fiction is fact.
- Information about climate change is no more important than Lindsay Lohan
- Acorn and the Taliban are equal threats to the American way of life.
- Glen Beck is a serious commentator on our society
- Reality TV is entertainment. Fictional characters are just as real as Reality Television
- There is no objectivity, only subjectivity
- Other People exist only to give us something to laugh at, condemn, admire, or destroy.
3 History and media messages are mere narratives1. We can alter history to reflect the reality we want to create.
(ask Texas School Board)
- Dinosaurs and man lived on earth at the same time
(ask the Creationists)
- Slavery was the best thing that ever happened to black people.
(ask Pat Buchanan)
- Shirley Sherrod is a racist
4. Truth is what you choose to believe
- Michele Bachman (Relocation camps for Republicans, Obama is creating a civilian secret police)
- NRA ---Obama is going to take away your guns so buy more now!
- Goldline---Your children are going to starve so buy more gold now!
- Buying GM cars is bad for America! Buy Nissan!
- Unions hurt working people. Ask any CEO!
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
The_Craven Joseph Goebbels quotes
The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over"
Joseph Goebbels quotes
"What luck for the rulers that men do not think"
Adolf Hitler quotes (German Chancellor, leader of the Nazi party, 1889-1945)
"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge."-Hitler
Add your own.