Finally. I’ve been waiting a long time for you to say this.
Someone other than me asked the question, and you answered like I hoped and knew you would.
Do you support the decriminalization of Marijuana in our society? Do you think that could have positive effects on our Economy?
Yes. Our drug laws are hypocritical (our most abused drugs are the legal ones: alcohol and prescriptions) and often racist. These laws have locked up an obscene number of people and this must end. And marijuana laws are the dumbest. Although I've never tried, I hope to some day, when I get around to it.
One thing does puzzle me a bit, though. You’ve never tried it? Really?
I know it’s probably the safest thing to say, or maybe it's snark, but in the event that it’s actually true, here’s what I would like you to do (actually, I think you should do it either way):
- Plan a weekend with a few friends who have used cannabis before, and who are responsible people.
- Go someplace nice and peaceful, where you will not be disturbed, and where the scenery is aesthetically pleasing.
- Bring some food and candy that you like, but don’t bring too much. (You will likely eat it all.) Also bring what you need in order to be comfortable for the weekend.
- Do not bring or consume any alcohol.
- Do not bring or consume tobacco, unless you’re a smoker and need a regular fix.
- Bring some groovy music, and even better, have your friends bring some that you haven’t heard before.
- When the time is right, have your friends prepare a carefully measured dose of reefer. If you smoke it, do not use tobacco. Alternatively, you may want to use a vaporizer.
- Sit back, relax, put on some music if you like. Take a moment to contemplate that the World is full of strange and beautiful things. Feeling good? Excellent. The name of the game is to feel real good. You'll probably notice that you really want your friends to feel comfortable as well. Isn't it odd how empathy increases, while certain things and people that normally seem very important, suddenly appear rather ridiculous?
- Should you suddenly realize that you have taken one toke too much, and your mind is running through all your hopes and fears and making you dizzy -- don’t worry. You’ll be fine. It’s an illusion, you know. A drama. Chances are you will have learnt something about yourself today.
- Now clear your head and pick up a pen and a piece of paper. Start writing on a documentary about the War on Drugs.
- When you do this, I can almost guarantee that the absurdity, hypocrisy and immorality of the War on Certain Drugs will become even more clear.
- Now put that last cracker back in the box. Yes, they are delightful, but excessive munching will likely interfere with your creativity. One of the golden rules of pot is: Less is more.
I’m confident that you will make this documentary eventually. You know it needs to be done, and that you’re the one to do it.
Thank you in advance.
Regards from Norway.
(I don't really want to post a tip jar, but I don't know how to delete it.)