Punked Gov. Scott Walker is about to speak. Considering how he was punked by BuffaloBeast yesterday which has been diaried and front-paged here, it will be interesting how he can show his face in public.
Want to live blog?
Update: Below is a summary of this 'stepford pol' press conference.
The Republican Washing Machine is set on the SPIN CYCLE.
Here is the Press Conference:
UPDATE: Now that the Press Conference has been shown, here is the coverage from CNN: (parentheses, my comments)
1. Spent a good part of the day hearing from folks (yeah the Kochs, Fox News, et.al)
2. Here today working, appreciate that the State Assembly is here working on the "Budget Repair Bill" (they want to recall the Dem Senators for going awol BECAUSE "they were not working", so they are pushing that meme in the media.)
3. Hoping to debate "Budget Repair Bill" Hoping that later today to get updates from 14 senators not here today who are not doing their job, to give us some kind of time frame when they are going to do their job.
4. Want to talk re. the "Budget Repair Bill" - it relates to the budget that I will present next week and it is critical to the next budget, will provide local govts with savings, for schools,.... (blah, blah, blah) A billion dollars worth of savings come from measures in "Budget Repair Bill" and the savings that will come from this bill, will exceed the reductions that I will propose next week. (suckers, I am threatening to cut the services to the middle class if you don't let me do as Koch Industries wants.) (Presents Fantasy Math of how this bill will save the country, not to mention the world.)
5. This bill about jobs. If we can't pass this bill by the end of week, 1500 people will get 'at risk' notices and will lose jobs if bill not passed. Then additional layoffs will take place.
6. Next budget is prepared for in this bill. Threatens to layoff 5-6 k employees in state govt. if this bill is not passed, "but unfortunately we will not have choice is Senate Dems don't pass this bill....if some of those 14 members don't decide that it is not worth risking jobs by staying out of state.
7. My staff (blah, blah, blah) will participate in the cuts - shared sacrifice.
8. People can still have an option to contribute to union, but don't have to.
9. not just about jobs and budget, ultimately about the future of our state; for year after year, politicians have made promises and failed to deliver on them. We want to promise to our children that we deal with the problem now, not with a short term fix, the reason is that tough decisions have been deferred.
I welcome the protesters and don't want leaders from outside the state interferring with the process (OMFG - is KOCH not interferring?)
Reporter asks question re. outside agitators and prank phonecalls.
"I talk to people all the time...bottom line, the things I said are the things I said publically all the time."
This is a scripted reading of talking points sent from the home office (Koch Industries, et al.)
They are trying to diffuse the prank phonecall, "not letting that prank phone call to distract from the realities here."
(pardon me while I gag!)Updated by SeaTurtle at Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:36:23 PM
h/t to marigold:
A Dem State Assembly person (3+ / 0-)
took over the mic after Walker left and blasted him.....the feed went dead while he was speaking.
He called Wanker a dictator, a meglomaniac, dishonest, unethical in the course of speaking.
And then he got cut off (the livestream from Channel 3000 anyways).
Updated by SeaTurtle at Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:51:15 PM
Let's face it, he's in a pissing contest with Christie. Who can be the biggest bully, liar, servant of the overlords and squash the serfs? Coulter is the prize.