The long awaited cache update is here. This potentially affects every function on the site, since there is one change or another to 342 files. We hope the changes are only for good, but a change of this scope is challenging to test effectively. Thanks to the KosBusters for helping us out with some extra poking sticks.
What you should see:
- Fewer "fail" messages for comment and diary recommends. This we have accomplished by:
1. A better spinner, to provide faster, better feedback while the 1's and 0's make their way through the tubes.
2. Optimization of various routines to run faster in the case of high volume diaries and tip jars.
3. A better cache strategy.
4. Better detection of the case where the button has been hit multiple times by accident.
- Favorite pages should refresh properly when notes are added or elements are removed.
Comment count has been returned to the bottom of the page (as well as the top of the comments).
- A fix relating to poll voting
- improvements to username recovery and bug fixes for certain situations during user registration
- Some Other Stuff
ct, Hunter, and I will be here all afternoon looking for issues and we'll be responding to any problems you come across. If we did this right, recommending diaries and comments should be a lot less frustrating and in general many things should be smoother.
Once we're past this and sure that all is well, we'll be able to tackle a lot of the smaller issues that have come up and been Annoying us all.Updated by elfling at Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:21:44 PM
Update: we pulled out the comment count on the bottom, which was behaving oddly. If you are still seeing the problem, try reloading the page.