Everyone with a star, or an oak leaf, anyone who has commanded a ship, flown a plane or led a military operation. Every retread, political operative, and pundit with a half baked opinion, has been paraded before the anxious public to assure them that:
1. Obama has no strategy.
2. This looks suspiciously like_____ (Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia) fill in the country of your choice.
3. We don't know who these rebels in Libya are! (delivered in an breathless whine)
4. "I don't know what's going on!" (Several Congressional types)
Given the amazing performance of George W. Bush, they are all miffed that that cool, tall man who everyone said was weak and ineffectual, has dared to mobilize, organize, and carry out a stunning attack on a vicious dictator. Of course:
1. He didn't do it soon enough. (John McCain)
2. "I don't understand." (Richard Lugar)
3. "Let's impeach him!" (Dennis Kucinich)
The truth is:
1. He caught everyone by surprise by how well it has been executed.
2. It was obviously in the planning stages for several weeks.
3. He created an effective coalition that has a few crack, but then they always do because many "world leaders" are just as dumb as our Congress Critters, and seemed anxious to express their stupidity by criticizing the no-fly-zone as "overly aggressive".
The strain on the US media to find flaws with the actions of this President are an embarrassment to themselves, and to all of us. Parading the "Formers" as authorities when, clearly, they haven't got a clue as to either the tactics, or strategy being played out, trying to drum up fear and anger in the public, and generally doing their outraged high school sophomore act is disgraceful. Thank the Spaghetti Monster for Aljazeera.
New Rule: Once you have retired from the military you are no longer permitted to speak on military matters in a public forum.