Ok they tell me dailykos is not twitter. Hell i can't keep up with all these talking machines... The reason I call the Republicans asking the kind of intelligent questions they ( and others) have been asking as of late is why do they only do this when it is a Democratic presidential administration? I first remember them in Clinton's use of force to re-instate Aristide in Haiti. The Republican never had a problem with either Papa or Baby Doc Duvalier but to them Aristide was threatening. I had never seem republicans have any doubts about a foreign intervention before. Cut to the Balkans. When Clinton finally abandoned the false equivilence and recognized Serbian fascism as the most developed and most dangerous, he was accused of trying to distract the public from the Lewinsky scandal. The Bush intervention in Iraq violated every one of the conservatives supposed core values. Conservatives re supposed to understand the danger of unintended consequences. Prior to WWII conservatives were rightly leery of policing the world and Liberals were internationalists. Many are arguing that the Right social populist movement could merge with a left/libertarian/populism on some issues. Somehow we must get our brothers and sitters on the Right to see the web between Big Government , which theyhate, and Big Business, which we hate. If these Republican leaders do not be careful they might get a bipartisan revulsion at what it cost us in dollars alone to be World hegemony
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by cuddytom
- A lot of people seem to like the fact that a true Progressive is running for president. Personally I think that it is a wonderful thing. Bernie has to hear from you and have facts and figures to ...7 comments 20 Recs
- What about this gas tank's rights???? Because it wouldn't be the Lone Star State if there weren't oil and natural gas dripping from the ...27 comments 31 Recs
- A week after posting a diary about a bunch of backwards bullies organizing an "Anti-Gay" day in a PA high school, I come across this story out of Desert Oasis High School in Las Vegas, NV. It's ...3 comments 7 Recs
- Just take it easy Four Swedish police officers, riding on New York City's 6 train, had to go back to work briefly, in order to subdue two ...328 comments 275 Recs
- Ervin Edwards, arrested for sagging pants, dead in his cell after being Tasered to death On November 26, 2013, 38-year-old Ervin Edwards, partially deaf and mentally ill,344 comments 272 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 536 Recs
- An Arkansas woman says she was fired because she was quoted in the Washington Post saying she was ...182 comments 266 Recs
- As the New York Times reported today , a scandal is beginning to erupt at the DEA regarding the after hours lives of its agents, bearing striking parallels to the prostitution scandal at the Secret ...4 comments 12 Recs
- Did this guy get his law degree from Liberty University? That would explain it. Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt vows to fight for the right to ...37 comments 42 Recs
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie made an appearance on ...126 comments 70 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.