Fred Clark (D): 45 (38)
Luther Olsen (R-inc): 43 (43)
Undecided: 12 (20)
We're winning in Wisconsin. Please, contribute $1 to each of the Democratic recall candidates.
Some quick notes on this poll:
- This makes Clark the fourth Democrat to lead a Republican state senator in the Wisconsin recall elections, joining Jennifer Shilling (+14), Jessica King (+3), and Sandy Pasch (+1). Democrats only need three such wins to take control of the state Senate and win the overall campaign.
- Clark's lead increases to 50-44 within the slightly smaller universe of likely voters.
- Olsen has made no gains since May, which can often happen to incumbents. Undecided voters are breaking overwhelmingly for Clark.
- It's a small sample, with a large margin of error. However, Clark's two-point lead exactly matches the two-point lead a generic Democrat had against Olsen in our PPP recall poll back in March.
- It's an internal poll, but it concluded yesterday, and it's the first poll they conducted since May.