Here are my thoughts on the Republican debate.
1. By the time Michele Bachmann was done with Pawlenty, he looked like his reproductive organs had just been removed.
2. I admire Romney's ability to lie with such a straight face.
3. My 5-year old looks like a mature adult next to Newt's whining about the questions, especially those about his own statements.
4. Herman Cain did Perry a big favor by bringing up the "Mormon issue".
5. I couldn't help but notice how they really backed away from the Muslim bashing.
6. The irony of the night was Santorum's criticism of Iran's treatment of gays. I would have thought that he'd see it is a blueprint for his administration.
7. Leave it to Rick to link Obamacare with polygamy.
8. Romney had a much more difficult time explaining his inconsistencies.
9. I liked the way Ron Paul put Santorum in his place regarding Iran.
10. Pawlenty was the big loser. He looked nasty when he attacked Bachmann, a nervous wimp when he attacked Romney, and totally deflated after Bachmann was done with him.
11. The winner of tonigt's exchange was Bachmann, and, despite what others on DU said about the "submission" question, I think she handled it well (in the Republican word) and made herself look like the victim. But tonight's bid winner was the candidate who was not there: Rick Perry.