Hey, sorry about the brevity of this diary but I just want you to check out the findings of this spectacular poll from Quinnipiac. Consider this a cable news supplement because I’m sure you’ll never hear about this on TV. I took their long write-up and extracted the raw numbers for your consumption here.
1. “President Barack Obama's job approval rating is up, from a negative 41 - 55 percent October 5, to a split today with 47 percent approving and 49 percent disapproving in a Quinnipiac University poll…”
2. “Voters also are divided 47 - 49 percent on whether Obama deserves reelection, compared to last month, when voters said 54 - 42 percent he did not deserve reelection.”
3. “Cain leads a head-to-head GOP race with Romney 47 - 39 percent”
4. "Obama seems to be improving in voters' eyes almost across-the-board."
5. “Obama also is looking better in matchups against potential Republican nominees:"
• 47-42 over Romney, compared to a 46-42 Romney lead October 5;
• 52 - 36 percent over Perry, up from a 45 - 44 percent tie last month;
• 50 - 40 percent over Cain, who was not included in a matchup last month;
• 52 - 37 percent over Gingrich, who was not matched last month.
I suspect this crazy side-show in the GOP is sending shock-waves through the voting public. Hence, Obama is looking sweeter all the time.