Story from LA Times, teen to take plea deal and serve 21 more years in prison for murder http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.... Second degree murder plea. Not sure how to feel about it. Horrible crime but not a slap on wrist.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Ian S
- Hope for skin cancer patients—but don't forget to take precautions in the sun Doctors and researchers are saying "virotherapy" ...6 comments 24 Recs
- Arizonans not welcome. Today the Arizona legislature did what no other state in the nation has been mean-spirited enough to do: they cut lifetime welfare benefits to one year for everyone—adults ...343 comments 344 Recs
- After recapping the Tesla Powerwall last week-end, I commented that I would dig into the tech and the price points, a bit more critically this week-end. SOOOOO, here are a few note-worthy articles ...58 comments 120 Recs
- I have been sitting here for thirty minutes struggling with that question. Why? Because of a diary sitting at the top of Community Spotlight section on Daily Kos written by kay3295 titled "My ...48 comments 287 Recs
- I watched Maddow tonight discussing the death penalty. I got inspired to look for and found 2014 numbers worldwide which were not available the last time I looked. There are now 103 countries with ...11 comments 15 Recs
- I and probably most Christians believe that Leviticus is not relevant to or at least is not very significant with regard to the Christian faith. There are a lot of rules and commandments in the ...146 comments 82 Recs
- Happy Friday beer lovers! Come have a cold one with FNBB. America has mostly outgrown prohibition, but our leaders don't tend to drink much in public. Different countries have different standards ...16 comments 9 Recs
- A few caveats, before I get going. First of all, I do not presently practice in the Constitutional law/civil rights field. I am basing this primarily on my memory of my law school coursework on ...41 comments 37 Recs
- (cross-posted from The Ones You Didn't Hear in Sunday School ) In the middle of his novel, Claudius the God , the sequel to I, Claudius , writer Robert Graves interrupts his narrative about the ...28 comments 58 Recs
- Sorry. Can't let you get married because straight people won't feel superior any more. This upcoming Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on whether it is constitutional for ...50 comments 71 Recs
Ian S's Tags
- No current results.
Ian S's Blogroll
- No current results.