So this diary is just a thinkly veiled attempt to get everyone one here to read a blog that I read today. It says everything I've been trying to say about the impact of technology and globalization on jobs and the economy very eloquently, and even has an 'economic fable' I'd never heard before. The bottom line is that the jobs we lost in the last recession are gone and they're never coming back. The rest of it is an interesting solution to the problem that I don't agree with 100%, but I think people on this site will quite enjoy. Social Credits. So that's it, go on, read the blog:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by silentbobus
- Daily Kos: WOW. Guess Who Just Endorsed Obama? THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE: "Obama has earned another term" dailykos.com/story/2012/10/… via @ dailykos — therehastobeaway (@THTBAW)385 comments 669 Recs
- This morning, during a DGA presser, Maryland Governor O'Malley introduced a new line of attacks against Mitt Romney : He pulled the Palin Card. HA!109 comments 208 Recs
- Bill Maher had a great final New Rule, as usual, last night explaining just why people don't seem to like Mitt Romney. It's not because he's wealthy. And finally, New Rule: Mitt ...183 comments 449 Recs
- The next time your Republican uncle tells you that increasing taxes is bad for the economy, be sure to tell him that's he's right. And that he's wrong. It all depends on whose taxes ...79 comments 216 Recs
- Once upon a time there was a farmer. While he worked long and hard every day, he grew everything his family needed and wanted. His larder was full of food, his woodpile stacked high for winter. ...44 comments 57 Recs
- Do you ever think about how strange it is to worry about "creating jobs"? Wednesday, Douglas Rushkoff observed this:192 comments 221 Recs
- It is time to finally, once and for all, put a stake through the heart of this zombie myth that refuses to die: "Business Owners are Job Creators." Hearing it regurgitated by Speaker Boehner for ...153 comments 252 Recs
- A few weeks ago video pimp and propagandist, James O'Keefe, released ...113 comments 398 Recs
- You can find all of that out right here in a nifty little quiz. It's fun, and it gives you a pretty good read out based on a series ...269 comments 48 Recs
- Earlier today there was a solid diary by MinistryOfTruth where he noted that the ...1356 comments 844 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.