Dont' we all come up with questions and topics we would love to see addressed in a diary, a diary written by someone else?
I know I do almost every day. Every dairy I read seems to produce a few more. What to do with them all? While I have a lot of terrific opinions, I am, in fact, an expert of very little, truth be known. And, while I don't mind research or writing, I rarely think I'm the best person to cover a certain issue. I'm not entirely lazy, but I don't want to write them all, to which my diary production record attests.
I'm sure I'm not alone.
Even our most gifted writers must encounter this experience from time to time.
Hence, this diary.
This, then, is a diary for revealing questions and topics we'd love to see addressed in diaries written by someone else.
In fact, we may even have a specific someone else in mind.
Whether we use the diary to gently nudge the community in general or specific writers in particular, consider this an opportunity to throw the speghetti up on the wall, admire the view and see who, if anyone, wants to clean it up.
I don't want to hog the pasta fork, so I will only list a few of my dream diaries. I want to leave plenty of room for yours.
1) Please, how do we build a bridge between Occupy supports and participants who genuinely like anarchism and those who don't? - Armando, Cassiodorus, Joanneleon, Betty Pinson, Meteor Blades
2) It seems to me that the Left is a little lacking on a concrete plan for what we should put in place after the walls come down, or how we make sure we aren't simply taken over by a new set of slave masters. Can someone get cracking on this? Hmmmm?
I'd rather not end up subject to North Korea or an Idaho militia or the Koch brothers, again.
(I really don't feel comfortable singling someone, or even a small group, out for this burden. Besides, we know who they are; just make sure they don't forget Gooserock. ;^)
3) What the hell can beautiful cities next to mountains do about ugly, unhealthy inversions, short of eliminating all cars and smokestacks? I'm thinking of a breathtaking engineering masterpiece, like the Netherlands's Oosterscheldekering (Delta Works); maybe huge fans that blow the particulate matter into great filters and treatment plants that converts it all into something useful, or at least interesting to look at. - DarkSyde, FishOutofWater, Meteor Blades, ???
4) The script for a new, topically relevant (to OWS) episode of the Spanish Inquisition, please. -Eric Idle & Tom Tommorrow (Dan Perkins)
5) A film proposal/treatment for a campy rock opera, a Kurbrickian mix between Tommy and Rocky Horror, featuring OWS.
- Andy Borowitz, Randy Newman, Lou Reed and Tim Burton? Must include a casting request for MoT.
6) A compilation of all the greatest charts and infographics documenting the Class War and its vast destructivenes (and thrown in one that measures the stupidity of those who fail to recognize them), so I can send it to my Republican relatives for Christmas.
- bobswern, ghjohnsit, Hunter, TomP, foreword by OPOL, sidebar by MoT, cameo rant by LaFeminista, Wrap-up by Meteor Blades
7) A finished piece of legislation to put the Koch Brothers in jail for life. Pretty sure Seneca Doane should be in on this.
8) Anything by Naomi Klein.
Ooops, I almost did go on forever.
I know, I put a lot on Meteor Blades's shoulders. But he asked for it, being so damned smart and prolific and all. Who else is going to take care of this backlog? And there's a lot more where these came from!
What's on your wishlist?