So, this is just a really short diary, more of a comment, actually. I just read an article saying that my state, Washington, is set to vote on same-sex marriage tomorrow afternoon or evening. They expect it to pass easily, since they know for a fact that they have the votes. The only thing that sucks is, the National Organization for Marriage has already said they'll petition to get a repeal put on the ballot in November. But, we did pass the "Everything but Marriage Act" a few years ago, and, to the best of my knowledge, the world did not come to an end. So, with luck, the bigots will lose in November. We just need to keep an eye on this - I know I plan to.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Isaacsdad
- March 17, 2015 Stephen “Lying Liar” Colbert 666 White Hope Lane Notso Pleasantville Anymore-isit, New York, U. S. of A-Hole Dear Mr. Liar ColdBeer Every day for nine years you made H.L. ...43 comments 178 Recs
- Contrary to what the Bible-thumpers say, bringing your children up without imposing religion on them is more likely to produce happy, ethical, caring, rational, law-abiding, and well-adjusted ...416 comments 333 Recs
- Considering the gravity of the circumstances and their potential impact on race relations in this country, it would seem prudent to hear from some actual police officers reacting to the non-...520 comments 613 Recs
- "Tomorrow they will be here. They will shave our heads. We will stand naked in front of them. They will humiliate us and in the end they will kill us. So I want to use my only freedom - to choose ...132 comments 583 Recs
- No, this diary is not about Chuck Todd (although I do want to thank Chucky for the inspiration). This is about the big, giant, 900 pound elephant meta-issue in the room: What happens when this ...191 comments 438 Recs
- For nearly two thousand years the religious have killed, banished, tortured, and jailed atheists for the crime of being atheists and daring to tell someone they were. After reading Enough Atheist ...791 comments 703 Recs
- We're also going to be confiscating your star. No star for you. Jeebus, people. Just ... Jeebus . Protesters carrying "...359 comments 518 Recs
- As a non-ammosexual who has only recently become aware of your existence, I admit that I have been unnerved and put off by your orientation. Especially by the large numbers of you coming out ...300 comments 208 Recs
- The President of the United States, George W. Bush, lied to the nation, lied to congress, and claimed to have evidence that was complete bullshit. Even in 2006 and 2007, I was having arguments ...418 comments 161 Recs
- People have asked me for years how to get a diary on that Rec List. They wonder aloud if there is a 'key word' list or some set of 'tags' which will ensure that their piece of prose will end up on ...447 comments 107 Recs
- No current results.