I was busy for much of the evening with a meeting to discuss some very difficult issues. Details are unimportant, suffice it to say it was long and emotionally draining. I'd been planning a diary on chocolate butterscotch birdsnest candy, but I simply can't do that to Meteor Blades :-). However, I do have a difficult food issue that mirrors my feelings after tonite's meeting. Follow me below the
dingledoodlesquiggliedKosagnocchidividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it to topcomments at gmail by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
NOTE: Bowing to that newfangled DK4 stuff :-), you also may send nominations to the Top Comments group email. If you don't see a nomination you made to there in the diary, please pipe up - it means we're still trying to remember not to forget to check!
Salad. The green stuff with veggies and some dressing on top. With all due respect to those on the other side of the
aisle oil & vinegar caddy, and apologies to Dr. Seuss, I do not like it in a box, with socks, or a fox, in a boat or over a moat. I will not eat it.
Yes, I've tried. Many times. I've attempted to choke it down at wedding receptions AND at the fanciest of 5-star restaurants. Mr. Brillig has watched... and has named the expression I make while convinced I've got a neutral visage Salad Face. Yeah, it's that bad.
OK, so my Mother-in-Law makes a salad at Thanksgiving that I'll nibble. Of course, what I nibble is the pecans and mandarin oranges off the top. There's the Jerusha Peach Mold at Longfellow's Wayside Inn that I order because it's in the "Salad" section and therefore I don't get grief for asking to omit it. It's a peach half, with pineapple cream.
Where do you fall on the salad spectrum? Delicious, or rabbit food?
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From voracious:This comment from Fiddlegirl about Rick Santorum's Hitler comment should go viral. Too bad the left doesn't do "viral."
From Yours Truly, brillig:According to Rick Santorum, voting for Obama is just like voting for Hitler. Or something. Greasy Gant probably has the media reports pegged.
Geek of all trades explains why stuff you read on the internet is true.
Top Mojo for yesterday, February 20th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic!
1) Discovery, Discovery, Discovery by Southside — 316
2) Gotta get that $5 a gallon gas this summer by Dallasdoc — 172
3) Well, the judgement also said this by AnnetteK — 142
4) This is sweet, sweet news. How a win for her - by gustynpip — 137
5) My legal advice to Andy - Start drinking heavily by Southside — 122
6) Time to Break Up the Big Banks by allenjo — 111
7) Renewing Glass-Steagall by gjohnsit — 103
8) A most excellent diary. by Fiddlegirl — 103
9) Ha! by AnnetteK — 99
10) Thank you. I hope people read the entire by BoiseBlue — 97
11) I see politicians very willing by mama jo — 90
12) I think this was plenty eloquent. by memiller — 88
13) The GOP has gone unhinged... by michael1104 — 86
14) you did an outstanding job BoiseBlue by karma13612 — 83
15) Oh that would be so great if the third person... by jennyp — 81
16) sounds like he had a worse time then officer Obie by TofG — 81
17) But, Going after bankers is Looking Back.. by Losty — 75
18) Their war on women knows no limits by Actbriniel — 74
19) So free speech covers slander? by Dallasdoc — 73
20) Yeah, but I bet he wouldn't turn down a thin mint by palantir — 69
21) From the very beginning on this.... by dweb8231 — 66
22) And once again, Ricky is lying his Santorum off. by middleagedhousewife — 66
23) Message to the Democratic Party: by claude — 65
24) Thank You, Annette For Tending Breitbart's Twitter by Empower Ink — 64
25) It was always there. by Bush Bites — 63
26) A dick is a dick by A Mad Mad World — 62
27) A choice of destiny. by cosmic debris — 61
28) Well, we'll see if Wisconsins want by TomP — 61
29) And it's a war on gay adults, and a war on women, by elwior — 61
30) Wishing for a Santorum nomination is like wishing by doroma — 59
Top Pictures for yesterday, February 20. Thank you jotter for the image magic!