- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is A new controversy erupts:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Sunday's comic was GOP time machine, by Matt Wuerker
- Relentless anti-choice forces can only be defeated by relentless foes, by Meteor Blades
- 2008 v. 2012--Is the presidential landscape changing, by Steve Singiser
- Trouble in the Heartland, by DarkSyde
- The encroachment of religion on our secular government, by Armando
- Will 2012 be the year the Democrats say 'I do,' by Scott Wooledge
- The lie about when slavery ended, by Denise Oliver Velez
- President Obama outflanks lost Republicans on corporate taxes, by Dante Atkins
- Defeating Mitt Romney is about more than 2012, by Laurence Lewis
- The Romer Memo and Obama's first term, by brooklynbadboy
- Pssst, Rick, those "opponents" are called voters ... as for the "out-of-state special interests"? Pot, kettle:
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker slammed his opponents Monday for pushing a recall election in his state, calling it a “distraction and “frivolous” waste of government funds.
Walker blamed “out-of-state special interests” for spending “tens of millions” to push him out of office.
- Comedy. The latest call for a savior to step in and save the Republican dream of taking back the White House:
While Christie and Bush might be fine candidates, perhaps the Republicans should consider a more inspired and game-changing pick: Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Yeah, yeah, it's juvenile, but come on, this is a funny headline (via Hullabaloo):
Santorum comes from behind in Alabama three-way
- A photo of a gay Marine's joyful homecoming has gone viral. Semper Fi.
- Politics are out, so maybe Sarah Palin can try acting ... or not:
The former vice presidential candidate was nominated Saturday for a Golden Raspberry Award as worst actress for her “performance” in the documentary “The Undefeated,” a film about her political career.
- No clue as to why this wasn't a hate crime and would love to know why it wasn't terrorism:
A federal jury on Friday found one of two white supremacist brothers guilty in the 2004 bombing of a black city official in suburban Phoenix, but stopped short of finding that it was a hate crime. [...]
The jury found Dennis Mahon guilty of three charges in the bombing but found his identical twin brother Daniel Mahon not guilty of the one charge he faced ...
They [the prosecutors] played surveillance tapes of the brothers referring to Logan in racial slurs and a voicemail that Dennis Mahon left at the diversity office just months before the bombing in which he angrily said: "The white Aryan resistance is growing in Scottsdale. There's a few white people who are standing up."
- A diverse list:
A total of 231 nominees are up for the Nobel Peace Prize this year, the Nobel Institute said Monday, with Bill Clinton, Helmut Kohl, the EU and US soldier and WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning known to be on the list.
- The opportunity to enter your organization or small company in the Netroots Nation's 2nd annual "Grab a Booth" contest ends tomorrow. Netroots Nation is giving away six free booths in the Community and Exhibit Hall at NN12 in Providence this June. Enter today!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JekyllnHyde, vicki, oceanview, QuoVadis, KenBee, Trial Lawyer Richard, TomP, JeffW, ericlewis0, annieli, Mathazar, OldDragon, Portlaw, JayRaye
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- but not just yet. As a very few of you know, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer in late 2012 and treated with radiation in 2013. The treatment appeared to have beaten the disease into ...403 comments 761 Recs
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...49 comments 186 Recs
- FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...123 comments 561 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 273 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.