In fact, let's make that three things ... remember last week when the first couple of daily tracking polls from Gallup came out, showing Romney leading President Obama by a whopping few points? Here are just a few (emphasis on "few") of the breathless headlines that day:
- Gallup: Romney Beating Obama in First Daily Tracking Poll
- Does Gallup poll show the race is starting to tighten?
- Romney to Obama: 'Start packing'
- Mitt Romney leads Obama in first Gallup national tracking poll
- GALLUP SHOCK POLL: ROMNEY 48% OBAMA 43%...
- GALLUP SHOCKER: ROMNEY UP FIVE OVER OBAMA
And one week later, now that the daily tracking shows Obama up over Romney 47-44 percent, there must be a media firestorm ... headlines blaring the news that Obama is winning, speculation on what caused Romney's spectacular dive in the polls and of course a screaming siren at Drudge, right? Not so much—from the Moderate Voice:
- Polling Shift: Obama Up in Gallup Daily Tracking: Romney Loses Gallup Daily Tracking Poll Lead As Obama’s Numbers Inch Up
So Mitt? Shut up.