According to WebMD "Chronic pain affects an estimated 86 million American adults to some degree." I'm one of them, odds are many of you are too. My chronic pain is due to my back, it's caused by Scoliosis or more specifically lumbar scoliosis. Most days I deal with it and move on, some days it interferes with thinking. Today is one of those days. I'm struggling with something to write about due to not being able to clear the head, so I decided to embrace it and write about it.
To answer the question that many will ask, the answer is many things. From muscle relaxers and massages to chiropractors. I'm even thinking of getting an inversion therapy device. There are some new methods of dealing with it, but I've avoided going back to the back surgeon's office for fear of the knife. Maybe it's time.
Pain does many things to you. It restricts you and it can depress you. You deal with it as best you can. I exercise and I even manage to get on a bicycle, it just takes some preparation and anticipation and some post ride relaxing.
Okay, enough about me.
On with the games!!
Mojo Friday Guidelines
1) If you comment you have to recommend all comments. (in order to receive mojo you have to give mojo. It's only good mojo manners.)
2) Everything you say may be taken as a joke (so if you ask a question, expect a silly answer)
3) You must recommend the diary (and pimp it unapologetically)
4) You don't have to comment to recommend.
5) You can't steal my idea (right, like that ain't goin' to happen)
6) Please, no pictures or YouTubes until after 300 comments. Now, after 300, use a little common courtesy and be responsible in the number.
7) Mojo mojo mojo mojo, mojo mojo mojo.
8) TexDem (that's me) is not bound by the guidelines. Heh
Mojo Friday Goals
A. At least 300 different commenters and 1000 comments by 1:30 PM EST and 1500 by 5:00 PM EST Friday Night that it's posted.
B. 100 recommends for each comment, at least.
C. Stay on Recommend List at least five hours (this requires some strategic planning by you guys, refer to guideline #3)
D. At least 200 diary recommends. 300 would be better, spread the word.
E. And always, fun fun fun.
G. (New) Have at least 30 kossacks over 90% participation (see here for some tips).
H. Overload the servers with recommends, not to mention dominate Top Comments Mojo list. (we do tend to mess with the site with all of our recommends at one time)(also, to dominate the Top Comments Top Mojo we need at least 50 comments with over 200 recommends, see guideline B)
I. That's enough for now. (Have a suggestion? Post it.)
MKinTN posted a diary to help everyone achieve greater success called How to Succeed at Mojo Friday Without Really Trying.
For those of you new to MF (Mojo Friday) we have our own lingo about a few things. Thank's to MF'er Jez (the link will explain) go to this diary for a little more fun and explanation. Official Mojo Friday Snecktionary.