- Mitt Romney makes the case for a reality-based economic policy, and then proceeds to explain why you won't be getting one from him:
In a new strategy aimed at identifying with the common man, Mitt Romney touted the strength of his business acumen as an important trait qualifying him to be president of the United States.People like Mitt Romney for example.
Speaking to a group of students and administrators at Ohio's Otterbein College Friday, GOP presumptive nominee Mitt Romney went into detail about his past at Bain Capital and how this experience gave him the know-how to run the country.
"The impact of gathering facts, gathering information, learning about the reality behind the words, has proved to me, in the business sector, that facts are more important than words and that results are more important than words," he told the crowd.
"You will hear words from people running for office that sound great. But sometimes what people say is not a perfect example of what they're going to do."
- Need proof? How about this:
Romney says he wants to put the nation on a path to a balanced budget while also cutting an array of taxes, building up the Navy and Air Force and adding 100,000 active-duty military personnel. He says he would slash domestic spending and reduce tax loopholes but has offered few details.Cut taxes for the rich, cut spending on investment in people and infrastructure, increase military spending and whammo: balanced budget. Like Mitt says, don't believe anything he says because the facts are always the opposite of whatever he says.
- Completely ignoring facts yet again, the Romney campaign once again tried to take credit for saving the auto industry:
“Consider that the crown jewel. The only economic success that President Obama has had,” Fehrnstrom said, “is because he followed Mitt Romney’s advice.”Mitt Romney is simultaneously for President Obama's auto bailout and for letting Detroit go bankrupt. Is anyone surprised?
- Speaking of Bain Capital, the Obama Super PAC goes after Romney. The ad is running in Florida, Iowa, Ohio, and Virginia, but the size of the buy is unknown. (video above)
- Bain Capital is getting into the drug rehab business. Big time:
In February 2006, Bain purchased an outfit called CRC Health Group for $723 million and proceeded to go on a shopping spree, snapping up nearly 20 new facilities over the next two years. The company took a breather during the financial crisis, but in 2011 resumed its buying binge with the purchase of some smaller treatment centers.You and I see broken lives and intense personal struggles that require caring and understanding. But the boys at Bain see substance addiction and think "KA-CHING!"
Rehab, it turns out, is a pretty good business. CRC's flagship facility, Sierra Tucson in Arizona, charges upwards of $30,000 for a 30-day stay. And with Hollywood and the sports world providing a seemingly endless supply of customers (Sierra Tucson has treated Michael Douglas, Ringo Starr, and Tiger Woods, among others), there's growth potential too.
- Sen. Rob Portman seems to be the consensus choice of the media establishment for Romney's VP candidate. You'll notice they never actually talk about Portman and his record or qualifications. That makes Vice President Joe Biden's recent comments about Romney's foreign policy weaknesses very timely. A Portman choice leaves us with a Republican Party ticket that has next to zero foreign policy experience. Should events in the world come to the forefront in this election, this could prove pivotal considering Romney's hamfistedness and lack of direction when it comes to foreign policy.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Angie in WA State, randallt, lyvwyr101, vcmvo2, coolbreeze, JVolvo, Sixty Something, bythesea, Bule Betawi, divineorder, CrissieP, wintergreen8694, a2nite, TheLawnRanger, blueoldlady, OjaiValleyCali
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...55 comments 245 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 434 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
- Today, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Bill DeBlasio jointy wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post that is worth reading. Some excerpts: In this land of big dreams, there was never a dream ...69 comments 59 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Damnation to those who think otherwise: " It is necessary to control women's sexual urges ," says Hakim, a stern, bespectacled man in a fez. " They must be chaste to preserve their beauty ." I had ...69 comments 75 Recs
- ...and it's terrific. Or as the Daily Beast describes it: "Meet the new Barack Obama: Her name is Hillary Clinton." I thought Hillary's speeches in the last few months of her last campaign ...111 comments 38 Recs
- Had he lived in our times, he (we'll call him Bill) could have been a prominent blogger on Daily Kos. In fact, given his way with words and unique ability to coin new phrases, I'm sure he'd have ...131 comments 240 Recs
- No current results.