In mailers to constituents, Rep. David McKinley (R-WV) echoes Democrats’ concerns about the House GOP budget, authored by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).It's not like McKinley is from a particularly endangered district, either.
“Congressman McKinley recently voted against the 2012 budget passed by the House because of the plan’s negative impact on northern West Virginia seniors,” the mailers read. “The plan would privatize Medicare for future retirees, raise the retirement age and keep in place the Medicare cuts included in last year’s healthcare bill. The Congressional Budget Office determined the plan would nearly double out-of-pocket healthcare costs for future retirees.”
Screenshot of Rep. McKinley's Medicare/Social Security flyer (TPM)
So if a Republican is running in a pretty safe district against his own party's cuts to Medicare, maybe it should be a major feature of Democrats' campaigns, starting from President Obama's campaign and on down the line.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Armando, eeff, wdrath, Albanius, Emmy, Julie Gulden, gpoutney, Libby Shaw, jedennis, millwood, JML9999, ericlewis0, annieli, BarackStarObama, jolux, ParkRanger, northerntier, ET3117
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- This last Saturday, May 30th a special group of people got together once again to eat, drink and share. As usual it was relaxing, fun and informative. Here are a couple of pictures of one end of ...19 comments 28 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 89 Recs
- Explosions in late 2014 variously described as an ISIL truck bomb or a U.S. airstrike in the town of Kobane on the Turkish-Syrian border. ...98 comments 66 Recs
- Sorry, nothing aviation related. The statistics will tell you that flying is quite safe even if your "gut" says otherwise. It was much more mundane than that. Someone almost ran me over.278 comments 422 Recs
- Is this the end of our domestic spying pal, Snuggly the Security Bear? Most likely not. Snuggly will probably still be in business and up to his usual tricks, he just may have to work with a ...10 comments 17 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...337 comments 338 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...226 comments 230 Recs
- Last week, I noted that the number of ACA exchange-based QHP selections has officially passed the 12 million mark nationally. I also mentioned that: Of course, when you throw in the missing tax ...10 comments 22 Recs
- Early results in the marriage equality referendum indicate a very strong showing for the yes vote. It's looking like a celebratory mood is emerging already within the Irish gay community, although ...187 comments 179 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.