Mitt Romney has a curious Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with a value of $100 million. He refuses to divulge meaningful information about the account, possibly because it could not stand the "light of day" public scrutiny. Romney also continues to hide his prior years' federal tax returns (unlike his late father who disclosed a decade of prior tax returns when he ran for President - and who had nothing to hide in those returns). Romney continues to hide how much money he moved out of the USA during the onset of the Great Recession (and earlier years), and to what particular foreign tax havens, in his effort to increase his massive wealth from its $250 million level to even higher amounts. When confronted with a mystery it is sometimes solved by looking at the simplest explanation. IRA accounts like Mitt Romney's (at least for the rest of us who are not named Mitt Romney) have $6000 annual investment limits. In other words, an employee can only invest up to $6000 a year to such an account. Dividing the $100 million value of Mitt Romney's curious IRA account by $6000 per year could mean that Mitt Romney is actually 1,666 years old! Since my (and probably everyone else not named Mitt Romney) IRA account value plummeted during the Bush Great Recession and is only now years later recovering to that earlier value, and allowing for some reasonable rate of return on Mitt Romney's annual $6000 contributions to his IRA account, he could possibly be only 800 or even 500 years old, and not 1,666 years old. Some of you may think that this explanation is far-fetched, but it has more credibility than any explanation the Romney campaign has released to date. Since this is the most logical explanation, we should all assume that Mitt Romney does play by the same rules as the rest of us - but at the age of 1,666 years, he's had longer time to invest those annual $6000 investments.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
enigmamf, Gooserock, mslat27, Sandy on Signal, hubcap, kayebee, RLF, distraught, Rogneid, luckylizard, ZedMont, thomask, Andrew F Cockburn, Horace Boothroyd III, Mannie
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by pasuburbdem1
- All he is saying, is give war a chance Benjamin Netanyahu seems to think that standing and speaking before the Congress of the United States will make him look big right before an election back home.262 comments 542 Recs
- Since the measles outbreak that began at Disneyland , California and six other states (and Mexico) have seen patients infected with the disease. If ...463 comments 269 Recs
- The Rhodes brothers making a call to their dad Twin brothers Austin and Aaron Rhodes host a popular YouTube channel, drawing thousands of viewers each week. Wanting a new start in a new year, they ...28 comments 27 Recs
- An email Daily Report from Air Force Magazine has the latest on F-35 deliveries: Lockheed Martin delivered the 36th and final F-35 strike fighter of the year on Dec. 22 to the Defense ...81 comments 27 Recs
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren has some questions for the House GOP about the last-minute goodies for big banks in the budget bill: "To Republican leaders in the House, I would ask this: You say you're ...177 comments 148 Recs
- In a press release today, Senator Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, announced plans to introduce into the Congressional Record some damning new information about how Bush ...75 comments 243 Recs
- Results are in for the Louisiana senate race and Mary Landrieu got her ass stomped. She lost to Bill Cassidy (R) 57% to 43%. Wasn't even a contest. All I can say is, "Good riddance!" We don't need ...106 comments 19 Recs
- Pennsylvania's Liberal Lion opens up in his latest ad: http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/off-mic/67117-daylin-leach-recalls-tough-childhood-in-first-campaign-...4 comments 12 Recs
- Hello Daily Kos! Thank you all for such a warm welcome for a newcomer to this fantastic community. I wanted to make sure you were among the first to see my latest ad - “Proud” - on the work I ...41 comments 132 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily At a security conference in Germany this weekend, Secretary of State John Kerry noted that if the status quo persists in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ...242 comments 302 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.