Lindsey Graham: ‘It’s Really American’ To Avoid Taxes Like Mitt Romney DoesRead more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...
WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney shouldn’t be criticized for using off-shore tax havens because “it’s really American to avoid paying taxes, legally,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Tuesday.
The presumptive GOP presidential nominee has come under fire for stashing assets overseas in places like Bermuda and Switzerland.
Graham argued that Congress is responsible for tax avoidance because it has crafted such convoluted rules and said he was fine with Romney’s taking advantage of the loopholes.
“It’s a game we play,” Graham said. “Every American tries to find the way to get the most deductions they can. I see nothing wrong with playing the game because we set it up to be a game.”
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by thinkingblue
- Two days ago, Michele Bachmann—once ...300 comments 423 Recs
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 740 Recs
- It is incredibly important that news headlines, pundits, bloggers, and activists are once again discussing heinous tortures perpetrated by our government—excused and explained away by the ...173 comments 208 Recs
- Last night, Bill Maher delivered a blistering final New Rule about what the matter with Kansas is. And finally, New Rule: scientists must conduct a study to determine which is easier to distract ��86 comments 192 Recs
- 32 comments 28 Recs
- Last night, Jon Stewart used Dick Cheney's own words against him as he now tries to attack Obama for seeming weak on what to do with the worsening situation in Iraq. By the way, Mr. Cheney there, ...27 comments 40 Recs
- Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council implied yesterday that pro-gay Christians are not 'real Christians' and are not protected by the First Amendment to the US Constitution as are ...80 comments 48 Recs
- Rep. Janice Hahn attended the annual non-partisan National Day of Prayer gathering on Capitol Hill yesterday, expecting a unified, peaceful event. But after listening to Dr. James Dobson from ...528 comments 672 Recs
- We have met the barbarian and he is us : The United Nations human rights office on Friday condemned the bungled and chaotic execution of an ...43 comments 74 Recs
- April 28 update: Heartland Institute APOLOGIZED, and took down the offending meme! Details here: Heartland Institute Backpedals on George Carlin Bastardized Quote-Meme ! = = = = = = = = = = = =217 comments 571 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.