- Today's comic is Pro-Corporate-Lifers by Matt Bors:
- Why, God, why?
Pastor Rick Warren, whose 2008 inauguration invocation for President Obama caused great anger among progressives, will next month host a forum with the president and Mitt Romney.
- Kids these days aren't really into Twitter. They like their social networking without all that lame news stuff.
- The Boy Scouts like their bigotry, thank you very much:
The Boy Scouts of America will keep their controversial policy banning gay scouts and leaders after a two-year review, the organization said Tuesday.
The announcement comes amid a stepped-up campaign from activist groups urging an end to the membership guidelines.
The Boy Scouts convened a committee of volunteers and professional leaders in 2010 to decide whether the policy was still in the organization’s best interests after a resolution was put forward to reconsider it, the private group said in a statement that was first reported by The Associated Press.
“The committee included a diversity of perspectives and opinions. The review included forthright and candid conversation and extensive research and evaluations – both from within Scouting and from outside the organization. The committee’s work and conclusion is that this policy reflects the beliefs and perspectives of the BSA’s members, thereby allowing Scouting to remain focused on its mission and the work it is doing to serve more youth,” the statement said.
- BREAKING: Obama likes Thin Mints. Or, as the Right calls them, socialist feminazi abortion cookies.
- Also BREAKING: Obama kisses his wife. No word yet on whether it was a socialist terrorist Muslim kiss. Developing ...
- Gov. Oops demands an apology from the president Republicans say should never apologize:
"Perhaps while the President is visiting Texas, he can take a break from big-dollar fundraisers to disavow his Attorney General's offensive and incendiary comments regarding our common-sense voter investigation law," Perry wrote in the statement.Yes, and we all know how upset Mr. I-vacation-at-Niggerhead-Ranch gets about racial tension.
Perry continued: "In labeling the Texas voter ID law as a 'poll tax,' Eric Holder purposefully used language designed to inflame passions and incite racial tension. It was not only inappropriate, but simply incorrect on its face."
- Your feel-good headline of the day:
Nazi war criminal, 97, allegedly found in Hungary
- The ancient precursor to Victoria's Secret?
It is hardly racy by today’s standards but this skimpy lingerie has certainly shocked historians.
The lace and linen undergarments date back to hundreds of years before women’s underwear was thought to exist.
They had lain hidden in a vault beneath the floorboards of an Austrian castle since the 15th century.
- Great day on the Kagro in the Morning show on Daily Kos Radio today! Bain, tax returns, the continuing filibuster of the DISCLOSE Act, Romney's Mississippi fundraiser, and Chris Christie's fading VP star. Best of all, it's all bookended by appearances from DemFromCT, Lizz Winstead and Shannyn Moore! Listen to today's show here.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
OLinda, QuoVadis, stagemom, Mother Mags, JVolvo, JeffW, Gemina13, annieli, thomask, wintergreen8694, jolux, DRo, nellgwen
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 716 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12450)
- Black Kos (3708)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41742)
- Equal Pay (641)
- Feminism (3439)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14349)
- Planned Parenthood (2908)
- Rape (4538)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1590)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5544)
- Women (5830)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.