- In the wake of the LIBOR scandal, the big banks are looking into a group settlement with regulators:
The sources told Reuters that none of the banks involved now want to be second in line for fear that they will get similarly hostile treatment from politicians and the public. Bank discussions about a group settlement initially took place before the Barclays agreement, and picked back up in the aftermath.They certainly aren't worried about hostile treatment from law enforcement. Theft. Graft. Fraud. Racketeering. It seems like nothing short of banks financing genocide is going to get the politicians to crack down on these guys.
It is unclear which banks are involved in the potential settlement talks. More than a dozen banks are being investigated in the scandal, including Citigroup, HSBC, Deutsche Bank and JPMorgan Chase. They all declined to comment.
- Microsoft hires Mark Penn of all people, manager of the 2008 Clinton campaign, to help boost its Bing franchise.
- A new spiral galaxy has been discovered:
A new observation has revealed a spiral galaxy about 10.7 billion light years away, the first unambiguous discovery of that type of galaxy from that cosmic era.I wonder who is discovering the Milky Way right about now?
- My favorite TV show from last season was Grimm. Here are a bunch of videos with some of the actors at Comic Con.
- The Syrian regime appears to be on the ropes.
- Our troops get to march in pride parades in uniform! Good news!
- Unemployment may be going up because people seem to be returning to the job hunt.
- Tom Purcell laments the dying art of cursive handwriting.
A new galaxy is found far, far away.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, CoolOnion, QuoVadis, lyvwyr101, 3goldens, sunbro, PinHole, coolbreeze, Knucklehead, kestrel9000, gpoutney, shaharazade, JeffW, OleHippieChick, bythesea, Karen Hedwig Backman, fayea, Larsstephens, annieli, jolux, pittie70
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...317 comments 434 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
- Today, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Bill DeBlasio jointy wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post that is worth reading. Some excerpts: In this land of big dreams, there was never a dream ...69 comments 59 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Damnation to those who think otherwise: " It is necessary to control women's sexual urges ," says Hakim, a stern, bespectacled man in a fez. " They must be chaste to preserve their beauty ." I had ...69 comments 75 Recs
- ...and it's terrific. Or as the Daily Beast describes it: "Meet the new Barack Obama: Her name is Hillary Clinton." I thought Hillary's speeches in the last few months of her last campaign ...111 comments 38 Recs
- Had he lived in our times, he (we'll call him Bill) could have been a prominent blogger on Daily Kos. In fact, given his way with words and unique ability to coin new phrases, I'm sure he'd have ...131 comments 240 Recs
- So I’ve always been impressed with the men in my life who proudly declare that they’re feminists. Hard to believe it, but even now in the 21st Century, it takes a pretty self-confident guy to ...361 comments 43 Recs
- No current results.