I think that nothing holds one memories as much as a song that you associate with a time or person in your life. I've been thinking of Nick, the love of my life, a lot lately. He committed suicide when he was 18 and I was almost 22. So just because I am down, I thought I'd put up some songs that remind me of back when he was around - a far happier time, music that was either popular with us college age kids at the time or hold other special memories. I do know that every once in awhile it helps me cope by listening and remembering. Please feel free to share any songs that hold sad, yet important memories for you.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
jennifree2bme, Steven Payne, yuriwho, PSzymeczek, arlene, blueoasis, bubbanomics, katrinka, Texdude50, millwood, Hanging Up My Tusks, commonmass, jethrock, cooper888, Deathtongue, Free Jazz at High Noon, mythatsme
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by BFSkinner
- Mature hugelkultur bed after 20 years I have 5 Ponderosa Pines at the end of my yard. Sure, they're great for shade, but what do you do with trees that shed long needles all over the place and ...119 comments 59 Recs
- I still come here, but for different reasons. My circumstances have changed, and I no longer have the time to write like I used to. I still read...but I have so little time to write. So little ...72 comments 107 Recs
- So last year, when I went to my yearly mandated wellness checkup, they told me I had diabetes and COPD before hastily backtracking when the test results came in. Turns out many of the symptoms of my ...43 comments 17 Recs
- That's right! Ready or not, 2016 is coming! In the Detroit area, we already have three points of contact for two announced candidates. For Bernie Sanders: You'll want to contact Mike Witte - a ...7 comments 8 Recs
- Hi Joe ♥ ♥I'm Still Here, Waiting♥ Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273- TALK ( 8255 and dial 1)9 comments 23 Recs
- The mixing of tribes...... Mon May 18, 2015 at 1:43 AM PT : I posted this today on my community blog https://petefarrupdate.wordpress.com/99 comments 237 Recs
- You have thirty seconds - or, one hour - to read the description of WYFP. WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and share advice,57 comments 27 Recs
- I have been sitting here for thirty minutes struggling with that question. Why? Because of a diary sitting at the top of Community Spotlight section on Daily Kos written by kay3295 titled "My ...48 comments 287 Recs
- Before you say "Happy Mother's Day", please think for a moment. Are you talking to someone you know well, who is actually likely to be happy? Or are you just tossing it off casually because it ...111 comments 103 Recs
- 156 comments 54 Recs
- No current results.