Romney is an Anglo-Norman name, not Anglo-Saxon. The Romneys came to England after the Norman Conquest, which ended the Anglo-Saxon era. Mitt Romney's basic family tree involves three other families, the Pratts, the Wilckens, and the Lefounts. The Pratts are Anglo-Saxon, the Wilckens are German, and the Lefounts are French. Only a portion of Romney's family tree is Anglo-Saxon - ie mostly the Pratt family line. It sounds like an interesting family history.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
True North, Bob Love, chipoliwog, markdd, kaliope, Statusquomustgo, Oh Mary Oh, CherryTheTart, greenkrete
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by addikell
- Kyle Leighton over at TPM highlights the results of a newly released national Pew poll . A new poll from the Pew Research Center shows one of the biggest national leads for President Obama since ...133 comments 181 Recs
- Amazingly, Mitt Romney has decided that the controversial, insulting, and bone-headed remarks he made in Israel, which ignited passionate anger among Palestinians (and others), need to be reasserted,59 comments 41 Recs
- This just gets better and better. Made to look like a buffoon by a buffoon. Re-opens a 40+ year old sore in Middle East relations via an off the cuff remark. Supports a union who just disowns him.74 comments 197 Recs
- I have been on this site for over 9 years. I haven't written a diary in quite some time. I hope will indulge me a bit of a personal rant. I just cleared out several Facebook friends. I like ...280 comments 603 Recs
- The headlines are rolling. The diaries are scrolling. Editors and producers are choosing which breath-taking declaration will win the lede, unilateral, amateur diplomacy or unilateral, amateur ...273 comments 620 Recs
- Welcome, friends. The purpose of this regular series is to promote enthusiasm and action among Daily Kos members. Romney will very likely out-fundraise President Obama. However, we believe that we ...46 comments 91 Recs
- There's a diary on the Recommended List ( Netanhayu Already Dictating to RomneyPuppet. Opposition Meeting Cancelled Suddenly ) that implies that Netanhayu was influential over the optics of Romney's ...86 comments 174 Recs
- Mittastrophe Deepens As Brits Mock Romney To His Face (Update: Did Firestorm Lead 2 Record Ratings?)ROFLMFAO! NOT PHOTOSHOPPED. Photo taken this morning at the Olympic aquatic center. Romney's PR people bragged the trip would produce numerous photo-ops making Mittens look presidential. Yeah,165 comments 179 Recs
- I've got a number of non-liberal friends and acquaintances through various venues, most of them on my Facebook page. Today, one of them (whose politics I'm not actually sure of) posted a graphic ...215 comments 258 Recs
- Yesterday, on CSPAN Host , Marvin Kalb "featured Speakers: Michele Flournoy, Co-Chair, National Security Advisory Committee Obama for America and Rich Williamson, Senior Adviser for Foreign and ...9 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.