Hey, if you can't brag on yourself, who can you brag on? I actually called the Ryan pick four months ago. Everything I said then pretty much holds true now:
Paul Ryan will be Mitt Romney's running mate, and here's why:There are five more points, plus a bonus update!
1) As a presidential candidate, Mitt Romney is a nightmarish blend of Michael Dukakis and John Kerry, and he's going to lose in November.
2) Republican heavyweights (Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee) didn't want to pander to the Tea Party in 2012. (They left that up to Romney.) But they want to be there to pick up the pieces in 2016.
3) Contrary to conventional wisdom, Romney's running mate does not need to have foreign policy experience. The less said about foreign policy, the better.
4) Romney's running mate cannot be a woman. It's too soon after Palin.
5) No Republican heavyweight will run with Romney. (See points 1 and 2.)
6) Romney's running mate must be a bona fide right-wing extremist who excites the teabaggers....