Areas of Tangipahoa parish near the Tangipahoa river have been ordered to evacuate immediately. Gov. Jindal is sending busses and shelters are set up in Hammond, Louisiana. The dam at Lake Tangipahoa, Mississippi may well be giving way (I've seen contradictory reports).
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Yamaneko2
- The concept of triangular trade involving furs acquired from the Indian nations of the Northwest Coast was born in 1778 when the British naval expedition led by James Cook stopped at Nootka Sound on ...15 comments 34 Recs
- There have been plenty of discussions about the Ukraine-Russia conflict in the past few months. As with many issues, there are multiple viewpoints, and even camps here. Both Russia and Ukraine get ...115 comments 15 Recs
- Last week the Guardian had this commentary on the situation in Ferguson and a comparison with the police killing of a young black man which sparked riots in London and other English cities in 2011: ...7 comments 7 Recs
- Now this is leadership. Kentucky State University's interim president Raymond Burse has donated over $90,000 of his own salary to boost the pay of minimum wage workers at KSU. This means a jump ...107 comments 223 Recs
- With me at least. So I had a package I needed to get to someone located about 150 miles away. Happened to be near a Fedex dropoff and stopped in. $45 for overnight, $26 for second day. Hm, ouch.361 comments 617 Recs
- Spain's King Juan Carlos I is presently announcing his abdication, according to the BBC . The Royal Family has been dogged by continued scandals, including ongoing proceedings regarding his daughter,67 comments 54 Recs
- This past week, PBS' "Independent Lens" has been airing "God Loves Uganda," a documentary that premiered at last year's Sundance Film Festival and explores the relationship between the American ...14 comments 11 Recs
- In the last (first) installment of this diary, I wrote about the most memorable people I met in aviation. In this installment, I will tell a couple of stories about flying itself; about the pure joy ...15 comments 49 Recs
- Vladomir Putin's pronouncements that he will "protect" Russian speakers - up to and including unilateral annexation - is so reminiscent of Adolf "most evil human ever" Hitler's policy in the 1930's ...87 comments 6 Recs
- Slovyansk is currently Ground Zero for the chaos in Ukraine that is continuing despite an agreement signed last week by the US, Ukraine, Russia, and the EU. Hundreds of enraged residents of that ...41 comments 10 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.