The AP reports that Mitt Romney will begin to receive the traditional regular intelligence briefings accorded to major party presidential nominees Is Mitt Romney a potential security risk? Mitt Romney has a "close and continuing" financial relationship with a person who (1) has major multi-billion dollar investments in China (mainland Chinese investments that depend on the good graces, cooperation and approvals of the Chinese government), (2) has major investments in Israel (including ownership of a major Israeli newspaper) that may depend on Israeli govt approvals and (3) has disclosed a planned $100 million effort to help elect Romney as President. I speak of course of Romney's main sugar-daddy, Sheldon Adelson. Without Adelson's $100 million of support, Romney would have a significantly reduced chance of being elected President. Any employee of a U.S. defense contractor who had such a "close and continuing financial relationship" to someone like Mr. Adelson, would, applying the Government's standards in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), be denied a high-level security clearance. How can we be confident that if the Chinese threaten Adelson's China holdings unless he obtains info from Romney and Adelson asks Romney one-on-one for intelligence info that could save Adelson's investments in China, that Romney would stiff arm his $100 million supporter and properly tell him "no"? How can we be sure the Chinese won't try to take advantage of Mr. Adelson? Is it an acceptable risk to brief Romney? Are House and Senate GOP right-wingers comfortable with this potential security risk?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bob Love, Bill Roberts, American Zapatista, JayBat, xxdr zombiexx, maybeeso in michigan, vulcangrrl, zesty grapher, Tom Anderson, kurious, codairem, HowieBeale, Heart n Mind, databob, Sue B, Laura Wnderer, Catkin
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by pasuburbdem1
- All he is saying, is give war a chance Benjamin Netanyahu seems to think that standing and speaking before the Congress of the United States will make him look big right before an election back home.262 comments 542 Recs
- Since the measles outbreak that began at Disneyland , California and six other states (and Mexico) have seen patients infected with the disease. If ...463 comments 268 Recs
- The Rhodes brothers making a call to their dad Twin brothers Austin and Aaron Rhodes host a popular YouTube channel, drawing thousands of viewers each week. Wanting a new start in a new year, they ...28 comments 27 Recs
- An email Daily Report from Air Force Magazine has the latest on F-35 deliveries: Lockheed Martin delivered the 36th and final F-35 strike fighter of the year on Dec. 22 to the Defense ...81 comments 27 Recs
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren has some questions for the House GOP about the last-minute goodies for big banks in the budget bill: "To Republican leaders in the House, I would ask this: You say you're ...177 comments 148 Recs
- In a press release today, Senator Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, announced plans to introduce into the Congressional Record some damning new information about how Bush ...75 comments 243 Recs
- Results are in for the Louisiana senate race and Mary Landrieu got her ass stomped. She lost to Bill Cassidy (R) 57% to 43%. Wasn't even a contest. All I can say is, "Good riddance!" We don't need ...106 comments 19 Recs
- Pennsylvania's Liberal Lion opens up in his latest ad: http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/off-mic/67117-daylin-leach-recalls-tough-childhood-in-first-campaign-...4 comments 12 Recs
- Hello Daily Kos! Thank you all for such a warm welcome for a newcomer to this fantastic community. I wanted to make sure you were among the first to see my latest ad - “Proud” - on the work I ...41 comments 132 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily At a security conference in Germany this weekend, Secretary of State John Kerry noted that if the status quo persists in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ...242 comments 302 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.