Exhibit A. Wayward children should be stoned. No, not using medical marijuana (which might work better than those ADHD drugs that are so overprescribed. Stoned, as in stoned to death.
Exhibit B. The Universe is 9,000 years old, there is no evolution, there is no embriology or stem cell science but for Satan, there is nothing but the bible (from congressman Paul Broun on the US Congressional science committee)
Exhibit C. The only goal is to replace the constitution with Old Testament rules and law. ( You know her well. She's on the US House Select Committee on Intelligence).
Exhibit D. Catholics who do not vote against Barack Obama will go to hell. (With all thanks to the child abusing, sex fiend, bastard bishops who make up the US catholic church)
Exhibit E. We call on 2,000 pastors and ministers to force their congregations to vote for Romney.
Self identified Protestants fell below 50% of the US&A population this week.
49% of the population no longer attends any religious services anymore. (Take that, christian bible beaters who seek to elect Romney) Only 29% of that percentage are self-described moderates or liberals. Fully 20% of that figure are conservative.
This one really caught my eye. Here's the breakdown of moderate and liberal voters:
24% - No affiliation
18% - Other
16% - Black Protestant
14%- White protestant (mainline)
13% - White Catholic
9% - White Evangelical Protestant
5% - Hispanic Catholic
More than anything, it explains why so many religious bible beaters are bitching at Democrats and liberals. We represent everything that they hate, including relying on rational thinking, instead of their 2 volume hysterical, historical collection of fairy tales.
A few other numbers from the poll. A full 29% do NOT believe in a god. That leaves a fool 71% that may believe, might believe, or are certain about the existence of a god.
Here's a doozy: 47% of true believers think that their religion focuses too much on money, power, and politics. the vast majority of people believe that religion is losing ground steadily, and most do NOT regret it. The younger the person, the less likely they are to believe in some god. (You see, education CAN work, after all! No wonder they are trying to force religion back into education, especially public education. Or worse, shifting resources from public schools, to private, for profit schools, that are far more likely to have some faith based connection)
Since 2007, the major religions have taken huge hits. Regardless of Party identification, or their self described liberal-conservative nature, the major religions (Catholic, Protestant) have had measurable decreases in numbers.
You can read it yourself and rejoice here:
Since 2010, it was my belief that the hard core, religious nuts in politics were growing ever more strident. Some here suggested that it was my imagination, that it had to do with changes in media reporting, that the few who supported the crazies gathered the most attention, or that rampant TeaBuggerism caused some symbiotic increase in exposure to crazy christian cretinous ideas.
Given this report, (and having studied with with tears of joy in my eyes), I now realize that religious assholes who wish to push dominionism upon us, who follow the lead of Rushdoony, Eidsmoe, Robertson, Bachmann, Broun, and too many more who push their ideas in congress and in the media, are seeing that the End is Neigh! Near? Whatever. They see that their battle of wits and nits puts their followers firmly into the group of nitwits, while the Yute of this country continue to open their eyes and walk away from religion.
This report should cause a couple of ripples. First, it should embolden those who do not believe, who think religion is the most corrosive force in society, and who think that religious indoctrination of Yute is little more than damaging brain washing. Second, it should impact politicians running for office like a 2x4 ramming their foreheads. If fewer people are religious, then pandering to the religious nuts is not a smart political policy. Lastly, it should continue to scare the shyte out of the ultra-conservativees, and religious nuts (Bill Donahue, I am talking to you here. Pay attention, you disgusting POS). Their message and belief system is failing. There are too many people who realize that religions are firmly based on a pile of steaming crap. Prayer works? Miracles happen? Certainly not in a 13.5 BILLION year old Universe.
On edit, I was reminded that one of the most respected Catholic scholars (who studied and grew up with the Rat, the current top prince of princes in Rome) called for a revolution withint the Catholic church - a faith based uprising from the people. He wants to overturn the tired, disgusting hierarchy that has grown to entrenched, immobile, and deaf to modern needs.
Heh. Heheheh. Hahahahahaha! I bet the Rat is not a happy camper.